PDA

View Full Version : has anyone experienced this

vernon
22-06-05, 11:53
Hi all, Has anyone ever got this its driving me mad. I have my Eye surgery coming up next Thursday the 30th, Every one has heared this so many times between me cancelling last minute and last time I was ready to go but had an eye infection which meant they had to cancel. Well I really want to go this time the eye in question has no sight but might have some after surgery, so a no lose situation really just my bad phobia and anxiety stopping me going. Well its not major surgery there shouldn’t be any problems other than it not working and I wont see any better. But I have this strong strong feeling that I will die, does anyone ells get this? As I say I don’t think anyone has died with this surgery but I am convinced I will. Over the last few weeks I have even worked hard in my garden fixing the fencing, built a garden shed and base. And repaired my big workshop so it will last many years so I don’t leave my wife with lots to have to sort out. Is this a phobia or anxiety thing? Thanks for reading. Vernon

mico
22-06-05, 13:37
I can see what you're saying with this Vern. I mean, it's quite easy to experience such a strong feeling and believe it to be some kind of premonition or warning for the future.

I've had the same feeling many times before in various situations regarding different things. I have went into situations and been sure that something was going to happen to me. And it's not just like a fear, it is more a feeling of a premonition, as if you really do believe this is going to happen. You don't just fear it, you believe it. It's quite different to the what-ifs. What I think though, is that you have just added something to the what-ifs. You may have experienced this feeling, and immediately associated it with some kind of supernatural insight into the future (which you may well not even believe in), from which point you feel that this exact scenario is going to happen, as if you've seen it already.

I have to say, non of these things have ever happened to me.

Sure you'll be fine Vern.

mico

carlin
22-06-05, 14:10
Hi Vern,
I have had this feeling on many occasions, when something extra stressful pops up, i tend to tidy the house (better than usual) cook extra meals for the freezer, my cupboards are always full, just in case, i don't know the answer mate, but i believe it be be an anxiety thing? Good luck next week, i hope you get a good result, you will be fine, and i promise vernon, you will not die xxxxxxxxxxxx

jill
22-06-05, 14:21
Hi Vern,

I have had this too, My heart goes out to you vern becaecus I know how frighting it can be.
It is anxiaty, as you know she will target are worse fear, play tricks with our minds.
I know its not easy Vern but you have to think positive. Think how better you will feel after the op.
Many many people have had the same op, YOU WILL NOT DIE
Good luck for next week and keep posting your thoughts.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXXXXXX

vernon
22-06-05, 14:55
Mico, you have hit the nail on the head big time, Its like a premonition. You dont think you are 100% shure you will die lol. like something telling you stronglynot to do it. thanks you all for your help. Vernon

seh1980
22-06-05, 19:49
I get this feeling sometimes too Vern. I think it just stems from the paranoia that we seem to carry around with us. You are NOT going to die and I'm sure it wil be a huge relief when this surgery is over and out of the way. Best of luck!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

kate
22-06-05, 20:30
Hi Vern,

It's like ALL our anxious predictions, we believe them to be fact not just our over active minds giving us negative ideas.

Good luck with the surgery, Vern, everything will be fine.

Love Kate x

Meg
22-06-05, 23:32
Good luck with the surgery Vern.

Its an anxiety thing. As its been put off before, its easier to see it in a pessimistic light whereas in reality it may bring you life changing wonderful benefits- I do hope so.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

chucklehound
23-06-05, 07:34
Vernon,

I had alot of anxiety when I was pregnant with my second child and the night that I went in labour I sat crying on the bed. I too was convinced I was gonna die. I thought I was going to bleed to death...
It is just anxiety so try not to worry, you will be fine XXX

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-

vernon
23-06-05, 11:19
TGHANKS ALL YOU ARE ALL SO KIND

kairen
23-06-05, 16:20
Hi Vern

Im like that everytime i fly, i'm so scared of flying that i always think maybe its a sign that the plane is going to crash, and touch wood it hasnt yet, just your mind playing tricks,

You have so much to gain from this operation, dont let your fear get the better of you,

take care xx

kairen x

nomorepanic
25-06-05, 17:34
Vern

Wishing you all the luck in the world mate.

I am sure you will be fine and try to remember why you are doing this and how much it will help you.

Big hug!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"