PDA

View Full Version : Very confused

Doddiegirl
04-12-08, 23:32
I have been in therapy now for about 6 months for my anxiety and panic attacks. And just as I began to get my anxiety under control I began having obsessive thoughts. Now the anxiety is back and worse than ever. Is OCD part of panic disorder? Are these seperate disorders that feed off of each other? I am so confused and frustrated. I worked very hard to learn to deal with my anxiety and get it to a point where it was not as big of an issue. Now I feel like I am starting at the beginning again.:weep:

Patty
05-12-08, 09:31
Hi Doddiegirl,:)

I think that some people can have O.C.D. on its own or Panic Disorder on its own or then you could have both together. I also think that Panic & Anxiety themselves can lead to 'obsessive' thinking. My experience with panic & anxiety would have started with Panic Disorder and this then lead to 'obsessive' thinking. Thinking 'Am I ever going to get better?' 'What's the worst that COULD happen?' in any situation etc. etc. When we have Panic & Anxiety I think it leaves us vunerable and that's why these thoughts can become difficult to deal with.

It can all be so frustrating when just as we think it was under control then some other symptom starts. I find it helps to keep reminding myself that it is all part of Panic & Anxiety.

Hope it helps to know that you're not alone in how you're feeling.

Best wishes xx :bighug1: