PDA

View Full Version : totally unreasonable - re Meds

LisaS
22-06-05, 17:28
hi all,
I went to the docs this am for more meds and told doc i was feeling much better etc..so she gave me another 2 months and said she wants me to be stable for a while before thinking about coming off and that makes total sense to me. BUT!! I felt so rotten afterwards as I feel until I get off the meds I wont be rid of my anxiety/depression label, I really wanted to cry (but was at work).. Just because i've been feeling so much better lately it really boosted my confidence and now I feel like, 'i'm still ill'.. I dont know what i expected her to say really, and I know its so unreasonable but I guess I jsut want to put it behind me and move on.
sorry for moan.
Lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

chucklehound
22-06-05, 17:32
u moan if u want to...

wot they do is keep u on the meds a little longer to make sure it wont return. Try to think positive.
I hope u r off them soon

[^]

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-

vernon
22-06-05, 19:15
i, glad you feel better, dont worry about label it dont matter what you are labeled as long as you feel ok?

Meg
22-06-05, 23:26
I agree with her about the stable bit.

This is not about labels - what about all those people who don't take meds but struggle everyday and all those who take meds everytime they feel a twinge of anything...

Lets say you're convalesing instead

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
25-06-05, 17:29
Lisa

2 months is not that long so work with the doc on this one and then you will be able to slowly come off them altogether.

I am sure it will soon fly by and you can start to reduce the dose until you are off them.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"