PDA

View Full Version : For those that have been pregnant.

tashbarnes87
05-12-08, 12:40
Hi Guys, as a few of you know went to hospital on monday because of pain. Just got my test results back and the swab was fine but i had white and red blood cells in urine she said a retest was needed. The pain has now gone and she said i need to drop a specimin in to my GP or wait to see my midwife on wednesday. I said is it anything to worry about and she just said umm shouldnt be. I phoned labour ward and they are clearly very busy so i didnt want to hang on. Has anyone else had this and what does it mean? she didnt mention anything about an infection and im worried now :(
x

EmmaJane
05-12-08, 12:53
Hi Tash,

It could mean an infection, or maybe a kidney infection ( which is not a major prob ). It really doesnt necessary mean anything serious.. Obviously take a specimen to the doctor or nurse asap, they may even test it there for you, if they know you are worried?

For them to suggest you wait for your midwife on wednesday, indicates no major concern. If they were worried, they'd of wanted you up the hospital immediately...

Infections are very common in pregnancy. Please try not to worry. Enjoy the last few weeks and pamper yourself...

Is this your 1st child?

tashbarnes87
05-12-08, 13:00
HI Emma, first baby little boy :) thats what i though surely they wouldnt leave someone with an infection a whole week. I just spoke to my midwife who said they would have told me if there was an infection present and not just said to retest. She said she is happy for me to wait until Thursday but if i feel more pain then to go to docs. It annoys me how people in hospitals give you very little info grrrrr. Feel a bit better now
x

EmmaJane
05-12-08, 13:10
Argh thats sweet. Good luck with it all, has he name yet?

Yeh, I'm quite sure there really is nothing to worry about. Enjoy your quiet time now, while you can :-) lol....

Emaa
05-12-08, 20:08
Hey, I'm 15 weeks and I had a urine infection.. I can't see them making you wait a week if you had one. :/

Congrats btw [:

bab
05-12-08, 22:34
hiya

it sounds like an infection and if they were concerned they would have asked u to go to labour ward so pls dont worry - and try and rest x

leanne1980
14-12-08, 07:20
Hi Hun

i ve had this in my 1st pregnancy, she said ohh youve got blood in your unrine, and that was it, it was never mentioned again, i still didnt know what it was, you'll be fine xx i was 10 weeks at the time.

Leanne xx