PDA

View Full Version : Anticipatory anxiety - update

LisaS
22-06-05, 19:57
hi guys,
its my birthday on friday (no hints honest!) and I have such a busy weekend ahead of me and i'm getting more and more anxious thinking about it.. tmrow night getting the train to london for a surprise which i'm worried about let alone the train! friday going out for a meal with lots of family, saturday going to a wedding, sunday night going to a wine bar to celebrate with friends.. Usually these all sound like fun stuff to do, but i'm getting really anxious now... My hubby said at least I managed to get thru an interview last week and that was far scarier! i guess he's right..
shall i start on the rescue remedy now!?
Lisa
xxx
p.s. and i start my new job on monday and wondering if i can do all this! [:O]
"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

carlin
22-06-05, 20:28
Hi Lisa,
wow! you made me feel dizzy reading that, firstly Happy Birthday for friday, now all i can say is that all your arrangements involve people who love and care for you, and hopefully understand your feelings? so you will be able to cope, take all your back up equipment with you (won't need them though), i so agree with hubby, to go for an interview is much more stressful than anything (in my opinion). As you say most of the time it's the thought of what might happen that's the scary part, (we know it never does)Easier said than done, but i'll say it anyway, have a fantastic week-end, and good luck for work on Monday, you are doing so well, keep us informed take care xxx

josiepickle
22-06-05, 20:34
Wow how busy are you going to be Lisa?

Its my birthday on Saturday and for the first time ever I've got absolutely nothing planned!!! Really don't feel up to it.

I say throw yourself wholeheartedly into what sounds like a great weekend!!

Go on you can do it.

Enjoy yourself

Love Jo x

seh1980
22-06-05, 21:03
[Wow!] Lisa - what a schedule. Just take things one step at a time and you'll be fine. Have a lovely birthday and weekend!! :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Meg
22-06-05, 23:20
Have a good time and if yiu get overwhelmed take 20 mins out somewhere neutral to chill and calm down

Have fun- Happy Birthday

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Karen
23-06-05, 02:28
Hi Lisa

Sounds like you have a good weekend planned. I am sure you can do it.

Happy Birthday and enjoy yourself!

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

andrew
23-06-05, 07:04
hi lisa,

take them one at a time lisa, sometimes busy is best, enjoy, happy birthday .. tc andrew

pips
23-06-05, 12:32
Hi Lisa hun,:D

[Wow!] you have got lots on no wonder your feeling anxious it's only natural mate I would be to.[Sigh...]

I do hope you have a lovely weekend and Happy Birthday[Yeah!] for tomorrow and all the best for Monday. I do hope it goes well.;) Let us know how it all goes.

Take care,

Love and Luck to you.

Pip's X X

LisaS
24-06-05, 09:16
thanks everyone..
well i have completed stage one - the theatre in london! i hardly slept, felt anxious all morning at work but then as it was coming nearer to it, i calmed a bit.. rushed for the train - nice and air conditioned, talked non stop all the way there. got into central london and it was so hot yesterday but i sort of enjoyed it! i even went into a few sales and bought myself a dress in next to reward myself! saw chitty chitty bang bang! it was really good. had a few nervous moments but had more rescue remedy.. feel shattered today but so glad i did it! next busy day coming up! bit worried about hair dressers today! more dr. bach for me!
thanks again everyone.
Lisa
p.s. i am officially 30!!

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Meg
24-06-05, 09:56
Excellent - keep it going hunny .. doing great !

Meg

Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

LisaS
24-06-05, 10:29
i had my nomorepanic flyers with me and left it open infront of me on the train.. and as people came and went, they looked at it and read it there! yay!

laurenessex
24-06-05, 12:28
Awww well done on completing stage one...! the anticpation thing is hard for me too...at the moment when my parents go away I get all stressed and it's not nice....also don't want anyone outside the family around when parents are away coz i can relax better and get on with things...anyway im rambling well done!! great that you've pushed yourself I'm useless at that sometimes! happy birthday!

pips
24-06-05, 20:02
Well Done hun glad you had a nice time.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

carlin
24-06-05, 20:08
Well done,
so happy you done the first stage, wow! keep at it and please keep us informed, you are inspiring many of us.......xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LisaS
25-06-05, 08:42
ok part 2 done! tiring stuff this!
did the hairdressers.. i had a couple of small panicky feelings but told myself i've had them before in a hairdressers and i lived to tell the tale so it woudl be ok if i had another.. they went..
went for the meal.. my family are so loud and incessant i didn't get a chance to get a word in all night let alone get panicky.. am v tired today after chitty chitty.. but am half way there.. have the wedding now today! so will update more tmrow!! thanks for all your encouragement..
p.s. i had about 5 inches off my hair and is a real confidence boost - i recommend a good cut if you feel like a vitality leap!
Lisa

carlin
25-06-05, 13:30
Hi Lisa,
have a lovely time today, bet your hair looks great! keep us informed.xxxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
25-06-05, 17:16
Lisa

A big well done so far - you are doing so great.

How does it feel to be 30?

I was just thinking about the leaflets - perhaps we should leave some on trains for people to pick up hey?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

LisaS
27-06-05, 19:14
:D:D:D
I DID IT!!!!

OMG!! what a weekend!! did the wedding - even danced !! had my drinks thing at a wine bar last night and got very very trollied with my big 30 balloon coming with me everywhere! woke up feeling very rough this morning, not great at my first day of new job! but i'm back home and i somehow got thru it!
so tonight i'm going to do absolutely nothing and veg out in front of the tv!

so there you go.. when you feel like you wont do it or can't cope - you can! I had a mantra all weekend.. JFDI - it might be ok, JFDI - it might be ok, etc etc... had this going round my head all weekend..

thanks everyone for your continued support!
big hugs,
Lisa
xxx

nomorepanic
27-06-05, 19:30
Well done Lisa :D[^]

I am so pleased for you - you did GREAT!! [Yeah!]

xx

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Karen
27-06-05, 19:37
Well done Lisa.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
27-06-05, 22:54
Excuse me Lisa , I am very happy indeed to share my mantra with you all BUT 'might be ok' needs a tweak please to ' it will be ok '

Many congratulations indeed !! You did great .

Meg