PDA

View Full Version : Serious problems with my diazepam

Matty12
05-12-08, 20:25
Hi,
I'm prescribed 28 5mg diazepam per week at present for serious anxiety and agorophobia, I have been prescribed these tablets for 18 months now after literally flipping out to my GP on a home visit after being completely house bound for 6 months, she recommended 6 x 5mg daily May07, but previously I know this is wrong, but I was obtaining these and alprazolam via other methods which my phychiatrist and GP tapered me off from 1 x 10mg every 5 days from 18 x 10mg daily till zero and after a home visit shortly after my GP's home visit the mental health team 7 people which freaked me out terribly visited and my phychiatrist who was present and who I have issues with ( unsympathic, robotic ) only allowed 4 x 5mg to take as required.

Well between November 07 and febuary 08 my 28 5 mg diazepam had no effect at all and was house bound again and seriously depressed and at the end of Jan 08 attempted suicide (failed attemp but ended up in casulty ), then my diazepam mysteriously started working as per usual?

I had no problems with my diazepam and could go out 2 or 3 times a week but then at the end of July 08 my diazepam has no effect again what so ever even if I take 40mg in one go, I have got a friend to try them as well as a close family relative and they have no effect what so ever on them either.

I contacted my GP who said it could be heat changes due to 10 hot days or so at the end of July08 and basically said there was nothing she could do about it and that they are stringently tested bla bla bla , basically she was most unhelpfull and made me feel like a complete nuisence , I have since not contacted her regarding this as I live in fear she will stop this medication when it is the only thing that enables me to go out, I have not been able to go out since the beginning of August 08 due to this and feel really scared my GP and phychiatrist are deliberately getting the pharmacists to give me some sort of placebo instead?

The brands I have been recieving are activas or teva.

PLEASE, PLEASE, if anyone has recieved diazepam from the high street pharmacys, boots, supermarkets ( sainsburys, tesco ) please post if you have ever had problems with non working diazepam.

Hope someone can help,

Thanks,

Matty.