PDA

View Full Version : skipped heart beats

smartbrunette
06-12-08, 04:53
About a five months ago i started noticing that sometimes when I lay on my side, my heart will skip a beat or palpitate for no reason. I can work out fine and sit up/down fine but sometimes when I lay down to watch T.V. or im just on my side I can feel my heart in my chest. I was wondering if this is normal or should I consult my doctor.

Missy69
06-12-08, 13:55
Hiya Smartbrunette,

I think its always wise to get things checked out with the doc, even if its just to put your own mind at rest and so you can stop worrying.

Take care , let us know how you get on

smartbrunette
07-12-08, 21:41
Hello missy,
thank you for your time. i will definitly give an update on my paplitations

jenny123
07-12-08, 22:27
hi
just to say i have suffered with these for years and years,most people get them at some stage and generally they are harmless.

Always best to get checked as (don't panic) it can be a sign of a heart condition.

I am guessing as you are a member here you probably notice every unusual sympton your body throws up which of course is one of the pleasures of anxiety so i am guessing your beats are likely to be more apparent to you then say a non anxious person...

Caffine,alcohol etc can play a big part,and also when its my time of the month i get them a lot more which shows they can be hormone related also....

Just to say if you have an episode where they get to bothersome do some running on the spot as they never happen when you exercise,i saw a doctor say this on tv once and he is absolutely spot on...

hope this helps like i say they caused me so much upset and panic for a long time now i just ignore them and they truly no longer frighten me
take care

snowat1
07-12-08, 22:58
About a five months ago i started noticing that sometimes when I lay on my side, my heart will skip a beat or palpitate for no reason. I can work out fine and sit up/down fine but sometimes when I lay down to watch T.V. or im just on my side I can feel my heart in my chest. I was wondering if this is normal or should I consult my doctor.

:hugs: Hey there, basically I think that this is ocurring when you generally lie on your left side...is this correct? I suffer with ectopic heartbeats and one of my symptoms is theses anyoying sensations of my heart missing a beat. My doc said that because the heart is slightly to the left you will feel it more lying on your left side. Apparantly Ectopics are normal and loads of people have them. It's good that you don't notice them any other time. Anyway I am not a doc so please visit your GP that's what they get paid for hun.
When you have these have you been eating or drinking anything that contains caffeine?
Good luck and i am thinking of you xx