PDA

View Full Version : Buying A Kettle

rosy
06-12-08, 14:49
Hello everyone

Today I had a mega, mega panic attack. It happened this morning, around 10.15 am. I went to switch the kettle on. Nothing happened. Now, I thought, what do I do without a kettle. Can boil on the hob, but that's such a bother and a time waster. I got all hot and cold and my legs went funny.

Ah ha. I can order on line. Yippee. But, I didn't get round to doing it until just now, 2.40 pm. I got so worked up, about choosing the right type, the right one, one with a solid on / off switch, not a flip down thing theyre so flimsy.

Anyway, I found a nice one, so I ordered two, and paid for it on the credit card. Blow the credit crunch one has to make one's cups of tea!!!

There was no way I was going to the shops on a crowded Xmas Saturday, looking for a kettle. No way, chucks. Sorry but I'm going downhill.

Hooray for online.
Love from Rosy

Cathy V
06-12-08, 15:04
Wot no cuppa!! :ohmy:

Hi rosy, your post did make me smile. Yes online shopping certainly helps us anxies at this time of year, although i have to say that i do love xmas eve in town coz most people have done their shopping by then, so its never as crowded, just full of blokes looking desperate haha! I love it because the feeling is special and i can just wander around and have a hot choc and a cinnamon biccy without the crowds.

Hope you enjoy your new kettle anyway
Best wishes
Cathy xxx :D

Meltdown
07-12-08, 13:25
Ah that kettle-related anxiety can be a killer, can't it!

Amazing the funny little things that can set us off. I had a panic attack last week because on picking my son up from his rock-climbing, I had to take two of his friends home, instead of just the one I was expecting. Aghhhh! something un-expected - I can't handle this!!!!

Diane O'Brien
07-12-08, 13:54
Hi Rose

I kinda know wat your talking about I have it when I find out I have no alcohol in the house. LOL.

Wish u well and have a cuppa on me. Enjoy your kettle and hope it brings you many brews in the future.

All the best Rose.

Diane xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx

rosy
10-12-08, 17:22
Thanks everyone so much for your replies.

I've got a "midnight black" kettle, that illuminates red when boiling.. It's super.

I'm enjoying my cups of tea, just wondering if caffeine induces panic attacks .....

Love from Rosy