PDA

View Full Version : Most hated symptom

dohertpk
06-12-08, 15:35
Hey there. Just wondering what everyone's most hated symptom is. Do tell!

Missy69
06-12-08, 15:43
mines fatigue, have sorted evrything, but this lingers on and on and on !!!

cazzamagui1
06-12-08, 16:34
mines got to be ibs...........
i feel sometimes tht it controls me instead of me controling it
on bad days im unable to leave the house drives me crazy
the more u stress the worse it gets one big visious circle aarrrggghhhhh

fran7999
06-12-08, 16:40
Mine is fear of fainting and no one helping me! x

Vanilla Sky
06-12-08, 18:23
mine is palpitations that you can feel in your throat and the split second feeling that your going to pass out

lennons_mammy
06-12-08, 18:29
Mine is depersonalisation.

Trixie
06-12-08, 18:31
I don't suffer from HA but I really hate toothache.:weep:

amandaj
06-12-08, 18:44
none of those in the poll but breathlessness and dizziness

LucyA
06-12-08, 20:02
Mine is nausea, I classed that as IBS

x

HeatherMc
06-12-08, 21:27
dizziness and fear of passing out or passing out and not coming around.

Oh and that depersonalisation thing, forgetfulness, fatigue, constant fear that ssomething catastrophic will happen.

Heather

tayside lassie
06-12-08, 21:32
dizzieness...heart palpatations/ectopics......

Sleepless999
06-12-08, 22:27
You haven't got heart arrhythmias on the list, but that's my worse symptom by miles!

dohertpk
06-12-08, 22:32
Apologies for any symptoms not included in the poll. Just mention them if they're not up there! Thanks for all the posts,Peter

Dahlia
06-12-08, 22:45
Nausea/vomiting, losing bowel control are the PITS for me!

Vicki08
07-12-08, 11:09
Mine is palpitations. They are my most hated symptom!

june
07-12-08, 11:28
I ticked IBS but add to that

fear of dying - right now of fear (not the death that comes naturaly)
fear of fainting
constant giddiness
fatigue
constantly out of breath
nausea
joint and muscle aches and pains
:weep:And they tell me it is all in my head:ohmy: don't think about your pains they will go away with your anxiety:yesyes:
How can I believe that when I hurt????
June

Diane O'Brien
07-12-08, 11:47
Breathlessness and feeling dizzy

I had to sit down last night cause I was hyperventilating and thought I was going to pass out. I do feel dizzy a lot.

KOKO23CAT
07-12-08, 11:50
weakness in kegs and unreality

KOKO23CAT
07-12-08, 11:50
kegs? lol legs

thoughts and actions
07-12-08, 13:28
hey

mine is IBS

it controls my life

i hate it so so so so so so so so so so much (and thats a lot )

next step am thinking of trying hypnotherapy to get postivie thoughts as am sure its my sub conscious that triggers IBS

xx

Lou17
08-12-08, 02:22
^ Im starting to think the same.

missbecky
08-12-08, 02:57
I think mine would be the feeling that i can't breathe. Kind of a tightness in my throat and chest.

eeyorelover
08-12-08, 05:43
Well I've had them all and hated them all but now I have to say that it's fatigue as I am tired all the time.
Not sure why anxiety is so damned tiring!!!
But it is and when I have any extra time - which isn't alot- all I can think about is sleeping!

Dooges
08-12-08, 07:12
Mine is muscle twitching and some joint soreness.
Well thats what sets my fears off. I understand why they happen now, but it is getting the brain to get out of the habit fearing these symptoms that wwill eventually make them dissapear.
So what helped me? I read Claire Weekes book called " Complete Self Help for your Nerves" and joined the website www.anxietycentre.com (http://www.anxietycentre.com)
This site ( once joined, and trust me it's well worth it ) explains why your sypmtoms appear and hang around. You have to understand this in order to head towards recovery.

june
08-12-08, 11:18
Dooges
I had a very quick look at the site you recomended and yes it is good but when it gets to the crucial bit - the info you actully need - you have to pay.:ohmy: :ohmy:
Most of the "free info" on that site you can get on here for free and what is better THE INFO you actually need - is also free:yesyes: :yesyes:
Go to the left of this screen and have a look you may be pleasantly surprised.:yesyes:
I totally agree about Claire Weekes - also agree that it is VERY hard to make your brain do something it does not want to do :blush:
Best wishes
june

Cheeky220
08-12-08, 11:31
definately depersonalisation its HORRIFIC and holds u back in recovering due to a whole new anxiety around that!!! plus it changes so much and freaks u out big time

karenb
09-12-08, 20:46
Mine is the adrenelin rush that somes over me - the same feeling as I am about to faint!

Karen x

kaynbrian
10-12-08, 03:13
Mine is when i cant breathe and my throat tingles...like i am smothering!!:lac:

hm1177
13-12-08, 11:39
For me its the fatigue as I was always so active and feel like I don't look after my kids properly these days.

I feel I can cope with the other symptomsbut not the fatigue

Can I ask what depersonalisation is? :blush:

Tootsie
16-12-08, 18:09
When you say IBS, can that be brought on by anxiety? I have noticed when I do get a bad panic attack (99% at night) i do get a very "upset" tummy and need to use the loo thru out the night. My stomach knotting up is the worst symptom for me!

Tootsie
16-12-08, 18:11
What is depersonalisation?

Graz
16-12-08, 18:48
I voted "Fatigue", but the symptom I hate most - nausea - is not in the poll. I can't stand feeling sick whenever I get the slightest bit anxious. :(

monika
18-12-08, 23:12
Depersonalization by far
it
is
horrible.
words can describe.

mik
20-12-08, 02:39
mine is palpitations that you can feel in your throat and the split second feeling that your going to pass out

paige i know exactly that feeling

playman44
20-12-08, 08:41
mine is the over whelming fear of impending doom like something is about to happen cant shake it off its horrible

Remus
20-12-08, 08:58
I think mine would be the feeling that i can't breathe. Kind of a tightness in my throat and chest.

Yup thats that worst one for me, I got it under control now atleast :yesyes:

diamondgirl
28-12-08, 08:29
i cant breath and feel suffocated is the the absolute worst outta the whole anxiety thing......i could handle the rest....all the rest of the symptoms for the most part come from "i cant get enough air" and im gonna freak out! ugh! the worst!

STEPHYUNO
29-12-08, 15:17
That really sicky, nausieous feeling in your stomach, Steph x

june
29-12-08, 15:23
felt like this for last 2 days - I dont drink and i dont smoke so i have no reason for the awful symptoms.

I really feel like kicking out at people who say
1) are you pregnant? I am 60 so NO
2) you should not drink so much!! HA hA very funny - not.
Hope you feel better soon.
June

Henry1234
31-12-08, 12:02
I put depersonalisation but feeling faint is the worst thing for me

CABelieve13
01-01-09, 21:10
I hate the nausea, but the one i hate most is when i get so tense and anxious, i get really bad tingles throughout my arms and hands. The worst happened a couple of weeks ago the tingles spread to my face and i could barely open my eyes. It was soooo uncomfortable.

Hollytree
03-01-09, 02:11
Muscle tension that for me is the worst. Mainly neck and shoulders.

x

BrandyC
03-01-09, 02:11
fear of passing out and going crazy!

EmmaJane
05-01-09, 22:14
All of them, when I get really anxious, they all come at once

Dave@28
22-02-09, 23:38
Definately depersonalisation and also feeling like i'm going insane.

bluegirl09
23-02-09, 22:25
My worst symptom is a burning in the pit of my stomach which leads too avoidance of certain things and is very uncomfortable and frightening

jojo74
24-02-09, 19:43
out of the blue palpatations, breathlessness, and fear something is wrong with my heart...it's the unexpected panic and palpatations i get, especially as sometimes i drift off to sleep.

Budgie
04-03-09, 14:28
I really hate all the stomach/digestive problems, the griping and the nausea everyday, I hate it! :lac: :mad:

And I hate the way these things, and my fear of them, then lead to me behaving differently -- like I avoid going to restaurants, and get over obsessed about food and if its cooked and if the kitchen is clean, and that sort of thing.. I know it drives people around me crazy, and it drives me crazier still:doh:

panicagain
04-03-09, 22:31
IBS:mad:

kittykat
05-03-09, 08:53
think with me it's the fear of every ache and pain being something serious like cancer etc.

nikkinik
09-03-09, 12:36
Ive that many at the top of the list I dont know which to chose from, so I guess I'll do a top 3!

1. Fatigue. Im just draging myself around most days, this has really hit me hard in the last year. I spend alot of time in bed :weep: .
2. stomach pains, it varies from feeling like Ive been punched in the stomach, to sharp pains, to feeling like Ive got a brick in it!
3. Nausea and dizziness/light headedness.

For the poll I went with fatigue.

gizmoxx
13-03-09, 08:58
Palpitations absolutly hate them

Wenjoy
13-03-09, 15:41
For me is the feeling of being boiling hot,cant breathe and gotta get outa here! xx

viremarthius
21-03-09, 18:12
Nausea...hands down...crippling Nausea

marius
22-03-09, 11:45
I don`t hate symptoms. I manage `em :)
marius

TracyL
27-04-09, 03:29
Hi Guys

Yes I think my worst sympton is the palpatations,missed beats etc, i hate them

thanks
Tracy

jools.sandi
13-05-09, 22:42
hi

mine is Headaches

I've had a headache just about constantly for the last 3 months

They are taking over my life as I can't seem to think about anything else!

I'm trying massage therapy and the doc has put me on some tablets but nothing's working yet!

Oh and I should add IBS to that too:frown:

Nutmeg
13-05-09, 23:06
Twitching. I really hate my twitching it's brought on by stress and makes me panic! Also when I can't speak or swallow properlly.

Thumbelina
20-05-09, 08:18
I would say - sadness and folowed occasionnally depressive moods

jean-paul
20-05-09, 16:38
definitely depersonalisation/derealisation. Feeling of losing touch with reality, of going crazy. Really awful.

Tori Frances
26-05-09, 10:53
Mine is constant agitation and restlessness so that can't sit down or concentrate enough even to read paper. I am utterly exhausted but my body won't let me rest.

username5927
29-05-09, 05:32
Derealization. Totally. Once I'm locked in that vicious cycle it seems like it takes forever to "come back to reality" and everyday I have to convince myself that I'm not going insane.

nataliean1982
29-05-09, 05:58
any symptom that makes me think i am going to die soon.

sunndyd
03-06-09, 14:40
i fear been anxious

sunndyd
03-06-09, 14:44
i looked up the definition and i thin i suffor more from Derealization then depersonaltion any one else?
oh the aggitation is another one for me 2

Cat80
03-06-09, 15:11
For me the worse symptoms are the IBS but also the nausea, I cannot take this on the verge of being sick all the time anymore as it's a huge phobia of mine. Don't know what to do about it though

Sarlou31
03-06-09, 19:36
I hate the head zaps/shooting pains and the dizziness

LittleWing
05-06-09, 22:54
dizziness... and of course, depersonalisation. that SUCKS big time.

moore
29-06-09, 02:12
My most hated symptom is "the one I have at this moment"
The one I had last week has gone now, so I know that was anxiety and that's fine.
But "this one" is surely more serious!!!!
:D

Kerrigan
02-07-09, 08:48
Depersonalisation takes the lead and it suggests the state of mind causes more distress than the physical symptoms.

I've had a sense of depersonalisation almost all my adolescent and early adult life, I've always been susceptible to daydreams and for years I preferred to imagine I was somebody else entirely.

I agree with Tori about the agitation, I'm constantly tapping things, scraping my heels, hitting my thigh clapping my hands to cover the sound of swallowing and yet swallowing is sometimes ALL I can think about, 'If I swallow now I won't choke', 'I don't need to swallow but if I do it, this tension will magically disappear', 'my mouth is dry so the next time I swallow I will have to make a noise to cover it or else go and hide'. I always carry a packet of crisps with me everywhere I go now to crunch them and cover the sound!

I'm scared to let go of the mindfullness of swallowing, I try imagine a hand letting go to encourage my mind to release itself from obsession but it's like trying not to think of something-you're still thinking of it. :wacko:

tasia
02-07-09, 09:46
depersonalisation is the most terrifying thing for me. suffered for many years and read many books on it yet still scares the life out of me when it happens..

chantelle
03-07-09, 21:47
Not in poll but feeling sick...

NoWhereToHide
06-07-09, 19:42
Depersonalisation is bloody horrible makes you feel like you will fall over and that your body is not reacting properly to what you want it to do.

agnes
10-07-09, 21:49
My most hated symptom is "the one I have at this moment"
The one I had last week has gone now, so I know that was anxiety and that's fine.
But "this one" is surely more serious!!!!
:D

How true!

BLUEROSE1981
19-07-09, 04:15
mines is fainting and i'm not with anyone, i suffer bad panic attacks, always sem to take them in busy supermarkets

BamBam
21-07-09, 14:44
Mine is the ectopic beats - that's the worst for me. Dizziness/feeling like I'm going to pass out is a close second.

tim73
01-08-09, 12:50
Nausea definitely. Horrible feeling and prevents me doing anything other than want to be sick.

MoogerFooger
10-08-09, 09:46
I voted fatigue, 'cause it's the one I'm having today. I hate all of these symptoms equally, to be frank.

nickieb
12-08-09, 14:58
The realisation that i have changed as a person & now suffer HA...the feeling you are truly ill & u feel so sad & depressed about the constant worry of it.
I also hate the palps & headaches x

Soxbrooker
12-08-09, 15:10
not having the power to get out of bed in the morning and palps.

shorty1969
12-08-09, 23:52
Fear of losing control !

Master D
14-08-09, 20:11
Lets see its hard to choose I hate them all but its either between Headaches Fatigue and chestpain those three are about equal.

tim73
14-08-09, 21:34
Well it was nausea but I'm on omeprazole now to sort out stomach acid (might have an ulcer and/or h.pylori), which has calmed that down a lot.

Now it's headaches and fatigue/lethargy. Headaches may be the omeprazole as it's a known side effect. The fatigue/lethargy is something I've had on and off since this all started. Heavy arms, heavy legs feeling, light headed and a little dizzy, and general lethargy.

Seems to kick off first thing in the morning now without really having had time to worry about anything. Some days I'm lucky and all is fine, some are bad even though I went to bed the night before fine.

Still not convinced it's all just anxiety, but it's a struggle to get tests done. Everything is "just anxiety" apparently.

Jazzcazz
15-08-09, 02:16
I really hate all the stomach/digestive problems, the griping and the nausea everyday, I hate it! :lac: :mad:

And I hate the way these things, and my fear of them, then lead to me behaving differently -- like I avoid going to restaurants, and get over obsessed about food and if its cooked and if the kitchen is clean, and that sort of thing.. I know it drives people around me crazy, and it drives me crazier still:doh:

The same thing happens too me!
I'll go for a meal,then half way through it for no reason, feel i have to leave, or feel really sick. I'm never actually sick though. i havnt been for years?! Been to the doctors loads, been tested for everything under the sun. My tummy is a mystery! :shrug:

mapmaker
19-08-09, 18:01
My most hated symptom is Insomnia.. and fear of nocturnal panic attacks which drive me to fear of sleeping and more insomnia. Arg its a vicious cycle.....when what I really want is a good nights sleep so I can feel better.

Davaadtron
22-08-09, 20:44
Derealization, hands down.
The worst symptom of any disease I have ever had.

ijustagirl
24-08-09, 15:32
mine is the fear of something bad will happen, and panicking about having a panic attack.sounds nuts and is totally irrational i know..

Cat80
24-08-09, 15:48
Mine is the fear of being sick, I have a huge fear of being sick but because I am anxious virtually 24/7 I feel sick all the time so can't get the thought out of my head

rose23
25-08-09, 20:23
none of those in the poll but breathlessness and dizziness

YES THE BREATHLESSNESS WAS A BIG ONE FOR ME TO BUT I GOT OVER THAT NOW IT IS THE DIZZINESS AND THE HEADACHES. FOR ME WITH THE BREATHLESSNESS IT WOULD HAPPEN WHEN I WOULD THINK ABOUT MY BREATHING SO I JUST TRY NOT TO THINK ABOUT IT. :yesyes:

teez
26-08-09, 17:54
mines all of them ,,, some i cope with much better than others,,hate feeling dizzy out side though tiss nasty

rubymolloy
27-08-09, 01:55
Has to be my mind going on and on at me when I am exhausted and need/want to sleep, anxiety can even wake me up if I do get to sleep...ahrghh!
:lac:

mike1985
27-08-09, 22:36
Nausea with the feeling of passing out. Its a horrible.
:weep:

kirstielu
28-08-09, 18:27
mine are the depersonalization and breathlessness ,that makes me feel like I have lung cancer .:scared15:

mel07
03-09-09, 17:54
Hi mines palpitations without a doubt.

Mel.x

tim73
20-09-09, 17:16
Hi mines palpitations without a doubt.
Tried beta blockers for that? Sorted that side of it out for me.

Think my most hated symptom now varies depending on what symptom I'm currently going through. Generally all of them suck :D. Stomach related things bug me especially though if it makes me feel generally sick and lethargic.

Nevermore
10-12-10, 13:43
Without a doubt, yhe lightheadedness, dizziness/vertigo, and jelly legs.

Well, i guess you can say that i hate the faintness feeling.

And what i hate the most is the fact that i now happens to me everyday.

I got a real bad panic attack about a month ago, and my life turned into a living hell.

Even sitting down at the dinner table with my folks is a stressfull event.

Jusy walking down the street makes me feel fainting.

Never had that before that panic attack.

WTF is going on with me?

I always was a sociable guy, even through my long lasting anxiety and history of panic attacks.

It got so bad to the point that i'm becoming kinda agoraphobic. Just because a head rush that lasted about 5 seconds that then turned into a full blown panic attack. And i've had panic attacks before, just that this was the first in a social ocasion.

And it's affecting my job too, of course.

I don't wan't to become housebound, but i fell i'm getting there.
Just the thought of leaving home and facing other people is becoming unbearable. It instantly has me fighting for air and to keep me on my feet.

I don't enjoy life anymore, feel like i'm never gonna recover from this.

And, of course, when the feelings get strong enough i feel like i'm gonna die on the spot. By now i kinda think that that wouldnt be that bad anymore. At least it would stop the pain of living like this.

Dunno what to do, feeling quite desperate...:weep:

PLEASE, tell me: anyone relate to this? Is there another way out, besides the "easy" one?

Dizz
10-12-10, 14:08
Mine were all the ones that you say Nevermore xx

But I don't hate them any more... I'm completely ignoring them and just getting on with things and bit by bit they are GOING

Nevermore
10-12-10, 14:20
First of all, ty for the reply.

Belive me, i try to ignore them, i've been trying everything. CBT, meds, the linden method, panic away method.

Nothing seems to work...

But even things that i used to love doing, like going to the pub a chilling with my friends triggers huge anxiety attacks. Stuff that i used to take fro grantes, like shopping or going into a store or postal office, are becoming almost impossible.

I even had an attack at my last therapy session. It's like i've become allergic to people.

The other day i was leaving my office, and as i was going downstairs my legs almost gave up on me. And my car was only a few meters away...

I almost had to kneel of the stairways...

I'm freaking desperate here...

johansaken
15-12-10, 20:58

agree

honeyp1e
15-12-10, 21:19
mine is vomiting when you get that nervous tight stomach feeling (am emetophobic ):weep:

miss_moose
15-12-10, 21:19
Chest Pain, because it makes me panic more as i think i'm having a heart attack.

teez
15-12-10, 21:58
i can cope with all the rest,,but the ectopics stop me in my tracks everytime

TheNervousSpaz
21-12-10, 06:35
i hate all of those(especially depersonalization) but i have never gotten ibs..

honeyp1e
21-12-10, 07:43
Nausea, churning stmach (have a phobia of vomiting so these symptons make my anxiety worse :-(

Joexgee
21-12-10, 08:32
feeling dizzy is the worst followed by deperonalization :scared15: and fearing everyday

Del1970
21-12-10, 09:02
Dizzyness and palpatations

PokerFace
21-12-10, 09:58
I voted muscle pain cuz I can't stand chest pain! If palps were up there I would have voted for them though! x

seabreeze
11-12-11, 20:14
Chest pain because i am convinced its the start of a heart attack

emmalouise1975
11-12-11, 20:21
Palpitations.....I have them everyday....but have just started on Beta blockers and they are helping :)

jessicalittler79
11-12-11, 23:31
gosh this is hard as i hate all the symptoms anx sends my way :)/ umm the most i hate has to be passout feeling and fast heart rate

blue moon
11-12-11, 23:56
Fatigue,and learning how to tell people off,it make me feel bad

jade1978
13-12-11, 19:15
Headaches, once I get a headache lots of other symptoms start, nausea, dizziness, tingling and numbness

Neuroticgal
14-12-11, 07:42
I get alot of aches and pains though not sure anxiety related. I get pains in one leg and one arm and tingling on one side

Mindful
14-12-11, 09:05
For me it is whatever symptom i am stuck on this time, if i am in a dizzy phase then its that, if i feel like i cant breath, then its that, right now its all migraine related, funny vision and foggy head.

bell23
14-12-11, 15:49
Depersonalisation!!! without question.

AngelHeart
17-12-11, 19:56
Feeling off balance that feels like motion sickness, like the grounds coming up towards you when you look down. Anyone else get this?? xxx

sarahblonde32
17-12-11, 20:12
i get the awful gaggin and retching, had it today,i cant speak then i feel like im going to spew...
i cannot find a cure or a reason and it wont let it up...
sx

buffybot
17-12-11, 22:25
Depersonalisation and mental fatigue ..oh yes.

cathycrumble
17-12-11, 22:56
negative thinking because that's what causes all the problems full stop

Cathy xx

HypnosWisher
17-12-11, 22:58
All of them!!!

Skakitty
18-12-11, 20:58
racing heart, adrenaline buzzing around and everything associated with that, like sickness, upset stomach, feeling like i'm on the verge of a panic attack constantly! urgh.

jessicalittler79
20-01-12, 15:26
Mine is for sure the dizziness and pass out feeling ;(

LuSmith
20-01-12, 20:58
Mine's nausea but it wasn't there - I also suffer IBS symptoms though and HATE them.. and I hate the shortness of breath.

kaythescamp
20-01-12, 22:12
Mine is the feeling that im about to pass out its so scary and my biggest fear.it nearly happend to me at work 4 year ago and i paniciked and thats whats started the change of me and my life

moirascott
20-01-12, 22:20
I have voted meeh its the worse one

Depersonalisation

Moira

VioletWings
22-01-12, 15:09
Breathlessness!!

Conorm
22-01-12, 15:57
I get depersonalization and derealization pretty much 24/7 if anyone has it and can help me out or chat, add me or message me, im 16 years old :) Xx