PDA

View Full Version : Is it Acid Reflux? please reply.....

Vickid
06-12-08, 15:59
For the past 6/7 weeks, I have been suffering from severe anxiety, not eating, constantly nervous. :(

I have had some tests done, ECG, Chest Xray, Blood Pressure/Oxygen tests, Diabeaties, Smear, Swabs (for different things). Urine taken 3/4 times and sent to the labs. All has been fine so far, I can only pray I can get better from anxiety.

I haven't been asked for blood tests, the 14 doctors I have seen have said I am suffering from anxiety.

The thing is - when I eat, I get a burning sensation in my throat, and stomach. I wasn't eating properly for 6/7 weeks, consequently losing weight, and when I was and am eating, I am finding it burns. It isn't that bad that I am doubled up, but it is bothering me, because it isn't something I have had before. I'm a bit scared to be honest, because it's a new thing and I'm taking gaviscon (started it today), don't know if it's working, just ate some toast but it's a bit burny again, even though took Gaviscon. Maybe just needs time to work? The feeling is in my esophagus and stomach. It feels like the food is just sitting in my throat, although is prob isn't - but then it sort of burns my stomach too.

Does anyone else have this? I am constantly nervous - and worried, my stomach in knots and I think this is making the burning worse.

Please reply, x

Karen
06-12-08, 16:15
Hi Vicki

Sorry you are having a rough time :hugs:

I also get symptoms like this, as well as a kind of severe indigestion with acid coming back up from my stomach causing a burning sensation in my throat. My symptoms are partly due to an eating disorder but are certainly made worse by anxiety.

Do you do any kind of relaxation exercises at all as this can help? I'd also suggest giving the Gaviscon a try for a few days to see if it helps. If not see your doctor to see if he/she can prescribe something. I tried various medications and now take Omeprazole which I've found is the most effective for me but everyone is different.

I hope things settle down for you.

Karen x

Jan63
06-12-08, 16:22
Yes it sounds like acid reflux to me. I would go to the doctors and tell him and I'm sure he will prescribe you some omeprazole capsules.:hugs:

Linny
06-12-08, 21:56
maybe you could try taking zantac, if its acid this would likely get rid of it and then you would know thats what it was.

Vickid
07-12-08, 15:02
Hi.
I don't have an eating disorder, I just wasn't eating properly for over a month due to being nervous and worried. I have a churning stomach now and after one peice of toast my stomach is in knots and burning my throat.

It's really worrying me, I'm upset because I feel like it's something more serious.

discogirl
08-12-08, 08:45
Hi

Its definitely acid reflux. I started getting it 3 weeks ago after worrying myself silly about another health issue. My gullet feels raw and inflammed and swallowing is uncomfortable. I also get burning in my gullet and stomach at times after eating.

I'm on omeprazole and I suggest that you see the doctor and get some. It can take 4-8 weeks to heal the gullet completely but at least by starting the tablets you'll be doing something positive to get rid of it!

Good luck