PDA

View Full Version : Memory loss?

LucyA
06-12-08, 20:09
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had experienced memory loss as a result of anxiety? I haven't heard of that being a common symptom but I thought I would ask.

Over the past couple of weeks I've noticed I've been forgetting pretty routine stuff. Things like quite big work projects (I'm a freelance writer) that I would NEVER have forgotten before, long conversations my boyfriend has had with me and even polls on NMP I wasn't aware that I'd taken part in. I'm not going into rooms and forgetting why I went there or losing stuff, but I'm forgetting things people have told me and that's never happened before.

By the way I'm 21 so it's not old age :p

I have an intention tremor in my hands and feet which the doctors have admitted they don't know what it could lead to (my parents decided for me not to have an MRI scan when I was little). As a result I'm nervous that I have a degenerative disease which could affect my memory as well as give me the shakes. I'm not usually a health worrier apart from this!

xx

Marietta08
12-12-08, 14:37
Hi Lucy, I'm also worrying about forgetting things. It started with forgetting how some words were spelt (sometimes I actually did forget and other times I worried I was going to) or thinking things like "Do I normally put a comma here in the sentence". I also started worrying that I don't understand words or don't recognise people. Sometimes I blank on words or what I'm doing for a few seconds, like I forgot which button to press for the volume on the remote. And I doubt things like whether I recognise someone or not or if I've actually forgotten something or not. I also worry I've fogotten how to write or type.
I've been to the doctor twice and he told me that if you're anxious it's hard to concentrate. I've seen people on here say the same thing. I'm worried about things like dementia too. I'm only young too (24) but I can't stop worrying.
Here's a link to a thread about memory and blank moments:
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32425

I also posted in it, so I thought I'd link to the whole thread rather than repeating myself too much. :)