PDA

View Full Version : Chest pain

xAprilx
06-12-08, 22:30
Im abit new to all this, but was just wondering if chest pain and tightness is normal? Ive had several panic attacks since last night and never actually got to sleep last night, and my chest just feels soo tight now. Which is making me panic even more. So irratating!!! xxxx

Vanilla Sky
06-12-08, 23:44
Hi April, if the chest pain is really bad then get it checked out, it could just be a gastric problem anxiety seems to trigger that. Be on the safe side especially if its both pain and tightness ring nhs 24

Vanilla Sky
06-12-08, 23:46
Let me know how u get on x

Diane O'Brien
07-12-08, 08:27
Hi April

I get chest pain and tightness however like Paige says its best to get any chest pain checked just to be on the safe side. I get chest pain when I'm in a stressful situation or when I hear bad news. I used to get it at night but since I have left work its not as bad. Mine normally follows palpitations. I normally find deep breathing works to ease the tightness. I do tend to breathe high in my chest and quick when anxious (a nurse spotted me doing this)

Try and slow your breathing down and rest your hand on your stomach to see your stomach going in and out for deep breathing.

Wish u well April

Diane xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxx

xAprilx
07-12-08, 16:24
Thanks :) Rang nhs yesterday and was speaking to a nurse about lotsa things, he thinks the chest pain was just from my panicking because I was talking to him for quite a while and when I wasnt thinking about it it had gone. Its come on today but only when Ive started panicking again.
Ive had a nasty ear infection thats left alot of debris in my ear which is sending me partially deaf in it fo a while until it clears, which is making me feel really off it so I just keep getting in a panic about it, the docs said it should sort itself out though so I guess I just need to control the panicking and the chest pain will stop too :)