PDA

View Full Version : Natural Serotonin Boost

Lottie32
08-12-03, 09:59
Don't know if anybody can help, or if I've dreamt this, but I'm sure that I have seen reference to a herbal supplement that boosts the serotonin levels in the body.[?]

Does anybody know what this supplement is? (Or have I just dreamt it)

Also, does anybody know when Kava Kava is going to be back on sale?

Thanks

Charlie

nickp
23-01-04, 12:20
its called 5-htp and you get it in Holland and barrett
good luck x

Laurie28
23-01-04, 13:18
Hiya Charlie,

As far as I am aware Kava Kava is not back on sale!

Lucky

Lottie32
24-01-04, 11:53
Thanks Nick

Will give it a try.

Lucky - I "did" kava kava, and I'm not sure that it did anything at all. (Or maybe I was too far gone down the negative thinking track for anything to work!)

Charlie

sadie
24-01-04, 12:05
Hi Charlie,

I used Kava Kava a couple of years ago and I felt it did help a lot but I stopped using when it was taken off the market!!

whats this new herbal drug you are talking about?? Ive never heard of it, what does it do?

sadie

Meg
24-01-04, 12:14
Try www.sjwinfo.org for opinions and info on 5-htp and Gaba which is another booster.

Meg

Lottie32
24-01-04, 12:22
Sadie

haven't got a clue, just remember reading in a magazine about a herbal supplement which was supposed to have a similar effect on serotonin levels as prozac etc. Unfortunately I was going through a bad couple of days, and it didn't really register at the time. When I finally got my head together, I couldn't remember what magazine it had been in, or indeed where i had been when i had read it!

just thought that it might be worth a try, and was trying to stave off the Xmas pit of despair!!!!! (Which didn't work)

Love

Charlie

sadie
24-01-04, 12:27
Charlie,

Dont worry, Ive done the same so many times before too... I've read something somewhere I thought 'thats really helpful', forgot about it and then dont remember where I saw it in the 1st place!!! oh, we do like to make things harder for ourselves sometimes dont we!!

How you been feeling this week?

sadie

benoo5
24-01-04, 16:35
hi all,

weve talked a lot over the past few months,about keeping a daily journal...well,how about a little pocket book,that can be used to scribble down any references,we might come accross..keep it by the pc,and put in your pocket,when going out...best wishes..bryan.

sadie
25-01-04, 20:25
Bryan,

As usual you offer another one of your great ideas!! Sounds like a good plan.

sadie

twister
26-01-04, 14:43
Kava Kava is great - like a natural valium. You can buy it from America still over the internet

Emily

Lottie32
26-01-04, 16:47
Hi Sadie

Much better in general this week, although my tum played me up a bit on Saturday, so didn't enjoy evening out as much as I should have.

Key word there though - didn't enjoy evening out as much - I am concentrating (where possible) on the positives. At least I made it out, instead of stopping in feeling sorry for myself. And my best friend came out of hospital Saturday with her 2nd daughter, so had a few hours with her bathing her older daughter and niece, quite uplifting.

Hope you are well - how are things with you?

Charlie

sadie
26-01-04, 21:05
Hi Charlie,

Im glad that you are getting to grips with the positive thinking malarky...wish I was doing as well..never mind I will ge there!!

Im struggling a bit with the irregular heart beats at the moment, I seem to be at a standstill with this..but I will get there in the end!!

Still I do feel a lot better than I did at the end of last year, so that something positive to look at. (phew..not as hard as I thought)

Anyway..take care

sadie

Meg
26-01-04, 23:11
Try this for GABA information.

http://www.wholehealthmd.com/refshelf/substances_view/1,1525,10027,00.html

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...