PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Hercy
07-12-08, 16:47
Hello,

I'm Jo and I'm new to the forum although I have been viewing the info on here for a while.

I have suffered from anxiety since Feb 08 with fluctuating panic symptoms.

It started when I started having dizzy spells and blocked sinuses/rhinitis. I felt so awful, I thought I had a brain tumor or I was having a stroke. I went to the doctor who gave me antibiotics. 2 weeks later I was no better and went back to the doctor after 3 days off work. By this time I'd worked myself into such a state I had a panic attack in the doctor's waiting room (I was convinced I was going to be rushed to hospital, I'd not spoken to my parents, I was obviously going to die etc). Luckily the doctor was very sympathetic and told me I was having panic attacks.

Fast forward 10 months and despite referals to ENT and pretty much every nasal spray/drops going I do not feel better.

The last week has been awful again, the panic attacks have returned and I am experiencing feelings of not being here, not being myself etc.

I seem to have strange thoughts that don't really represent me, e.g. I met my cousin's baby for the first time and was so excited, yet a voice in my head kept saying 'what if you hurt it'? etc...I've no idea why!!

I went back to my new gp last week who was lovely, I told him about all my feelings and sat there crying. He said I am suffering from anxiety and possibly with mild depression so presribed my 10mg Clomipromine.

I have started taking them and was wiped out for 2 days but now I feel more comfortable, but the anxiety is definitely there.

I feel as though I am stuck, I cannot look forward at the moment despite always looking forward in the past.

I've always been a worrier and a 'what if' person, but it now seems to control me. I don't want this to be my life but I am being sucked in by it...I don't want to be here in 5 years time taking more and more medication whilst trying to find the 'old me'!

Thanks for reading!!

Jo xxx

sunshine-lady
07-12-08, 18:03
Hi Jo

:welcome: to NMP, I am sorry to hear that you are having a bad time at the moment, things do get better so please hang in there.
I am sure you will like it here and find a lot of support and information. Chat is fun too.

Hercy
07-12-08, 18:35
Thank you!

cazzamagui1
07-12-08, 18:41
hello jo
:welcome: to no more panic :hugs:

u will find loads of support here and advice we are all goin through the same on here but we all ave to stay positive:yesyes: and stay strong hope to see u in chat sometime take care

xxxx caz

belle
07-12-08, 21:20
Hi and welcome :)

x

nickieb
08-12-08, 10:58
Hiya jo

This is pretty much how mine started with dizziness, bad heads etc & i have never been the same since after i though there was something seriously wrong with me xx

marie1974
08-12-08, 11:16
hello and welcome to nmp, im sure you will find lots of support here and advice and make new friends too. hugs xxxx

Hercy
08-12-08, 20:36
Thank you everyone for your kind words x