PDA

View Full Version : help can anyone relate?!?!?

Cheeky220
07-12-08, 19:50
Has anyone had the feeling of floating outside of there body?! im so petrified help

sylvia1970
08-12-08, 08:27
what do you mean? floating outside your body? how do you know your floating outside your body?

Cheeky220
08-12-08, 09:14
what do you mean? floating outside your body? how do you know your floating outside your body?

its just like a sensation of not being connected to your body like i feel numb if that makes any sense or rather i feel like a hologram all light and soft. its scary can anyone relate?????

lennons_mammy
08-12-08, 09:28
Its depersonalization and its really common in anxiety. I get it all the time. Its scary but if you just ignore it it should go away.

sylvia1970
08-12-08, 09:36
I thought you were talking about an out of body experience or something . As for disociation, I have had that too big time

sylvia1970
08-12-08, 10:15
cheeky I also fear, feeling out of my body, I get scared I dont actually leave my body and float away. My psychologist tells me it wont happen, and I have to believe him, still ocd keeps me worrying about it. You are not leaving your body, but you are working yourself into such a state and I know I also do this. It sounds like your disociating big time, are you on medication, it may be time that you took meds