PDA

View Full Version : The big R word

kate H
08-12-08, 09:54
Just after some moral support this morning guys, i find out if i am being made redundant at 11am this morning.

I am absolutely petrified!! My whole world has been turned upside down. Since working here my anxiety has improved and am so scared that if i lose my job (Which is looking retty likely) then my whole panic and anxiety is just going to start all over again.

I feel likei am on the brinkof rbeaking down. I have had such a terbulant year and in the last week alone i have had huge relationship problems, someone has crashed into my car and i fell down the stairs.

Is it possible to have any more bad luck?

I just want this next hour to be over so i can deal with it!

:weep:

xx

lennons_mammy
08-12-08, 09:57
Hi I don't really know what to say but thought you could use a hug.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Diane O'Brien
08-12-08, 11:05
Kate

I am sending u big hugs this morning.:bighug1: :bighug1:

Thinking of you, You said you have had a turbulent year, but you say your anxiety has improved so well done.

Take each day step by step I know its awful being made redundant but its out of your control, you've done so well. You can deal with this and if the worse comes to the worst, don't let it ruin you mental health.

Let us know how u get on, Fingers crossed for you.

Diane xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jodie
08-12-08, 11:15
hiya

i am sorry your going through this ,it is so dam hard isnt it !my hubby runs a haulage company and things not looking good for them either .
i think things are hard all over and nothing much we can do about it .
thinking of you hun hope things go ok for you today
:hugs:

jodie xxx

Krakers
08-12-08, 11:37
Hey Kate - you got this job in the first place because you stood out from the crowd and you are good at it.

While it may feel like a disaster now, other employers will see that same glow in you which set you asside from the other candidates when you were first hired.

The job hunt process, while a pain, is something that we all must do from time to time. Just remember - you will be short listed and move on sooner than you think.

Change happens to us all, but bear in mind that at the interview you are an asset waiting to be acquired. If someone offered me a diamond or a lump of coal I'd take the diamond. Continue to shine hun and have faith in yourself.

Krakers.

titch
08-12-08, 12:05
Sorry your having a bad time hun.... huggles....xxxx:bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1:

kate H
09-12-08, 12:23
Hi Guys,

Unfortunately it was bad news yesterday, i am working up untill Friday and then i will take leave from there. Its been a very sad time but am so frateful for all the support i have received. I am just going to try and turn it round into something possitive and hoping the change may do me good.

Thank you all for your kind words yesterday

xx

jodie
09-12-08, 12:38
hi

sorry to hear it was bad new but sound to me like you are looking at it in the right way

big:bighug1: to you hun

jodie xxxxx

Diane O'Brien
09-12-08, 12:38
Hi Katie

So sorry its not good news hun however. well done for thinking so positively. I.m sure you will find something else very soon, keep positive thoughts.

Diane xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Meewah
17-12-08, 02:21
Hi

Sorry to hear about your situation. If it does happen why not see it as the chance to begin again. A new challenge to test your recovery further. I know many of my friends ave been made redundant and have now had a complete re think about where there lives where going and now some have done what they wanted to rather than what they had to. Some have changed down a gear and gone for the good life. The important thing is that you have the support around you. You need positive motivation not sympathy. Once we realise that EVERYTHING in life is impermanent you realise that this is what makes life what it is. When something breaks I say oh well it was designed to break. Material things don't bother me as long as the long term health of my family is OK nothing can harm me. If you have financial worries then act now and see an independent debt counsellor (CAB). We live in the welfare state and you should never go without. As I said earlier IMPERMANENCE is the only thing that is PERMANENT. Just as the good times don't last forever the bad times don't either.

Think upwards and onwards.

Hope you all the best for the future.

Mee

london
17-12-08, 03:44
if it happens your anxiety will not get worse you be to busy looking for a new job , please dont worry your be fine things do get better