PDA

View Full Version : needles and docs

leo05
23-06-05, 16:17
hi i hate having this phoiba as i always miss appointment if i know there are needles involved i know im probably just a wimp but when they always go on about what you can catch etc and the docs dont understand they just say oh its only a little scrach they just dont understand

chucklehound
23-06-05, 17:00
Your'e not alone on this one.

I had to have blood taken when I was pregnant- I put it off and put it off.

Eventually they had talked me round and had them done even though I

was absolutely terrified. They didn't understand and took the piss saying

they'd give me a lolly if I had them done...

It is a horrible phobia but it is made worse by worry...

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-

leo05
23-06-05, 17:11
yeah just treat you like a kid never mind that im petrified about it

vernon
23-06-05, 18:12
Hi Leo, I am wort thanu lol not so much about needles, but Dentist i just cant go and have pain for over 12 months and surgery i suppose to have on my eye i am due to have it next thursday, I realy want to get it done but have been cancelling for 3 years now. so dont worry we all have our fears.

leo05
23-06-05, 18:19
thanks great to know i'm not alone

seh1980
23-06-05, 18:44
I hate needles too!! Unfortunately, there are times when we need to have injections..[No]

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Donna
23-06-05, 19:53
Hello,

I used to be petrified of needles, but i managed to find a nurse who was very understanding. I explained how scared i was and she went through what she was doing stpe by step and when the needle went in talked to me about random stuff.

Maybe the key here is to find a nurse at your doctors whom you feel comfortable with?

donna x

kt
23-06-05, 20:30
I too have a needle phobia. Freak out if have to have a blood test. I always ask for a prescription for Emula cream which numbs the area so you can't feel the needle going in. Well worth the prescription charge!! Kt

Be gentle and you will need no strength, be patient and you will achieve all things.

eeyorelover
24-06-05, 04:21
I am petrified of needles. Always have been. Gram tells a story when I had to get a simple finger stick to check blood sugar levels at age 9 or so and it took 4 nurses to hold me down to do it
So now when I have to have blood drawn I lay down on a exam table and hmm any song that pops into my head. The nurse probably thinks I'm a loon but it's better than what could happen if I decided to wrestle with her now at 36 [^]
eeyorelover

leo05
24-06-05, 11:35
thanks for all your replys good to know im not alone

nomorepanic
25-06-05, 17:31
I just don't watch as they put it in - I turn my head away and natter to the nurse and pretend nothing is going on. Works for me.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

leo05
27-06-05, 15:55
thanks have tried that but freaks me out even more once i had to have one done as i had overdosed and they needed blood but they numbed my arm thst was fine but then the nurse said can not take it from there as could not get a vein so she took it out of my wrist bend needle in process hurt like mad and now never ever want another in my life

tattybear
27-06-05, 16:04
I alwasy explain to the nurse or whoever that im not good with injections / needles and they're always pretty good, they let me lay done to have it done and always chit chat with me and let me stay a bit after to make sure im ok.

Tatty B xx

leo05
27-06-05, 16:10
thanks tatty b your a brill mate [8D]