PDA

View Full Version : why does depersonalisation do this?

Cheeky220
08-12-08, 10:16
Why does it make u feel like you need a break from yourself? will this feeling go away? in all the years of my life i have never felt i wanted a break from myself so whats causing this??

lennons_mammy
08-12-08, 10:20
What do you mean a break from yourself?

Cheeky220
08-12-08, 10:22
im not sure its hard to describe feels like im inwardly focused all the time in my own wee world and its exhausting.

sylvia1970
08-12-08, 10:27
It is very exhausting and its like you cant escape it, I totally understand. But it will get better, try to help yourself a little, by calming down a bit, I know this is so hard, I was honestly a real mess 8 months ago and now im not as bad, if i can get through this, so can you. I thought i was never going to feel half normal again. Believe me when I tell you this.

sylvia

lennons_mammy
08-12-08, 10:29
Yeah it is not nice when all you can think about is depersonalization. When you feel that feeling you should let it come but don't react to it. Fear feeds it. Try and keep yourself busy to take your mind off it and try out that exercise from the link I sent you.

Cheeky220
08-12-08, 10:31
i know im panicking about this guys its just so horrible and so intense today prob as i have started new meds. just feels like im gonna fade away scared to move from the spot!! hope it goes soon!

lennons_mammy
08-12-08, 10:41
Yeah it does get worse when you start on new meds after a couple of weeks it will die down.

BasilCat
08-12-08, 10:58
I am in a Dp state too, this morning!! Lennons _ mammy is right. We have to not react to it and just let it come. I agree entirely, fear feeds it. So we need to keep busy so that we get our focus off it. I hope it soon dies down for you Cheeky.

Shirley

monika
09-12-08, 00:23
Can I just say Cheeky, that i totally get what you mean by this taking a break from yourself. I was watching this movie and the guy was on some weird drug and i was like i wonder if that will relieve me of this dp/dr. and i was totally shocked i would think this! i actually started thinking where i would get these drugs. of course i'd never do it, but i know sometimes the feelings get so bad. but they do go away eventually. i know just by the few moments i have where i feel connected with myself and my surroundings that im still sane and i can get through this.

Cathy V
09-12-08, 00:46
So...this depersonalisation, is it the anxiety, or the depression or side effects of the meds? if its the meds then is it not a good idea to go back and talk to the docs about the dosage? just a thought.