PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations have taken over....

NervousNellie
08-12-08, 15:04
Here we go again.....the palpitations won't stop!! Last week, my 5 year old daughter came down with a sinus infection. She had a fever and I was so worried that I had palpitations all day. Ever since then, the palpitations won't stop! It seems that every time I get up to do something around the house, they go crazy! When I'm resting or doing something like watching television, I'm fine. It seems like every time my heart rate goes up (with activity), I start to get them again. I don't know what's going on, but I'm starting to get really worried again! I imagine that I'm probably doing this to myself, but I'm starting to doubt myself again. I wore a 24 hour monitor 11 months ago and everything was normal. I was hospitalized 2 months ago for a fast heartrate (I was panicking while at the doctor's office) and was told by the hospital not to pay any attention to my heart - it's fine and everything is normal. But it's hard not to pay attention to it when I'm constantly feeling that flutter in my throat or my upper chest.

These palpitations are making me so nervous! I've started taking magnesium supplements. I've taken them for 6 days, but I don't see any improvement. It almost seems as though it's making them worse! I'm also in my third week of Prilosec (omezaprole), which I began taking on my own because I could feel my stomach churning from all of the anxiety. Could the Prilosec or magnesium tablets be making it worse? I'm beside myself....Does anybody have any advice about how to get rid of these terrible palpitations? Please help!

nickieb
08-12-08, 16:32
This is defo anxiety related hun...see i only notice mine when i rest. I have also found that omeprazole i take for heartburn has helped mine.

GIve it time & relax xxx