PDA

View Full Version : depersonlisation

hope&faith
08-12-08, 16:27
ive had bad dp/ dr in the past, to the point where everything looks so horrible and distorted, and ive felt like im floating, and parts of my body dont feel like they belong to me. along when ive felt like this my personality felt different, like i dont want to be alone, if ive thought about death its really freaked me out. ive had a feeling like doom ect, truly horrid. but was just wondering can you have dp, if you dont feel spaced out? sometimes il just be sitting down and il think "o i feel a bit weird today"? then il get an eire feeling. its kind of hard to explain, but i wont feel rested, and then il keep thinking, does anyone eles feel like this. i dont want to do things i usually would, they just give me a weird feeling, and if people talk to me im thinking of how im feeling, and not really concincrating on what they are saying. does anyone eles get this, coz feel like im going mad.

BasilCat
08-12-08, 16:35
Hi Hope&Faith, I have had DP ( Unreality) for 2.5 years now. I have had it really bad and not so bad, and everything in between. But for me, DP is all about feeling spaced out and not really there - like I have died and I am a zombie or something. You mention if people are talking to you, you are concentrating on how you are feeling and not what they are saying. With DP, as hard as it is, I think this is part of the problem. We are thinking inwardly all the time. I have left this link so often at this website recently but if you go to www.anxietynomore.co.uk (http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk) it explains all about DP etc and may help put your mind at rest a bit.

Shirley

jodie
08-12-08, 16:43
hiya

i have had this well what i think is dpi

feel kinda not like myself i came home today and did not want to be in the house of things did not feel right ,i have slept a lot more than normal i feel tired and find it hard to make any decisions,also when i am like this i feel i have a lot of adrenaline in my body and very anx and panicky,i am going to look into it more as i dont have much info on it (i dont get it all that much)

hope to start to feel better soon
:hugs:
jodie xxx

Granny Primark
08-12-08, 19:07
I bought the book from the website 2 years ago and have found it extremely useful. Particularly the section about depersonalisation.
When I get really anxious I read sections of it over again.
The last severe attack I had of dp which really stressed me was last year. I was walking into town and had to go over a bridge that crossed a dual carriageway that a few weeks previous I saw a man that was just about to jump off.
I walked around the town with my daughter and felt completely spaced out.
I think that dp occurs when we get to a point of anxiety that we really cant cope.

BasilCat
10-12-08, 14:13
Hi Lynn, The book is really good isnt it. It is very, very good and I felt like Paul David was writing the book especially with me in mind!! I have had 4 breakdowns in 30 years so I have many many symptoms ranging from mild to severe and anything in between, the main one being DP. I know how you felt walking round town with your daughter feeling completely spaced out. I have been there, done that and got the T shirt! How are you now? I am just reaching a stage (after 2.5 years) where its not scaring me as much as it was. Driving is taking time to get to grips with after all this time but at least I did a 60 mile round trip at the weekend. I had to dare myself to do it though. Yes, amongst other reasons, DP occurs when we cant cope with the anxiety levels we are finding ourselves in. Its like our brains are having a rest isnt it. I hope you are ok and having a good day.

Shirley