PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever get out of things - then regret it?

redballoons
08-12-08, 16:54
hi
I run a busniness with two other people. Today they were supposed to be coming around for a few hours this evening just for a chat about things - stock etc etc.

Anyway I have had an awful day, both "normal person" wise and anxiety wise and on the spur of the moment and in the middle of one of my waves of panic that I get I called them and asked to rearrange.

My son HAS been ill all day BUT - he is two he will curl up on my lap and sleep even if they do come so really that was no excuse and I know it.

I feel so bad now, like I have just failed totally. In a way i wish i could just call them up and say hey forget it come over - but these are people I run a business with and I cant explain to them about panic attacks etc as they trust me with alot of their money and when I am doing things like that I am alot more confident so I dont want to risk our relationship over stupid panic attacks. I already look like the one holding things up because of my kids which I know most people without kids hate :weep:

At the same time one part of me says - these are important choices to be talked about I need to be calm and relaxed to do it.

anyway my long rambling point is that do you ever cancel things because of anxiety and then regret it.

sophie

pooh
08-12-08, 17:00
Hiya as long as the ratio works out that you cancel far less and not more due to anxiety I think its safe to say you are bloody well entitled to have a crap day and postpone a meeting. Just try to think of it as an off day and start again tomorrow.
Take care Pooh x

Utility
08-12-08, 17:43
I agree with "pooh". So what if you cancel, everybody does it. Just as long as it doesn't get out of control.