PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Scares?

petmad
08-12-08, 18:48
I love christmas time and being with the family and my wonderful kids, but christmastime always seems to bring me or my family bad luck with illness and worries, loss of pets etc.
I am looking forward to christmas this year and want it to be wonderful, but how do I stop this horrible voice in my head saying something could go wrong, I could be ill or one of my kids/pets/family?
A couple of years ago I lost 2 cats between christmas eve and just after the new year, last year my lovely neighbour was diagnosed of cancer and rushed into hospital on christmas day. Then my mother in law was taken ill too.
How do I stop these worries spoiling my fun and relaxation?

I am hoping my Citalopram will help me this year! Plus when my hormones and IBS start to settle down...

help!

Granny Primark
08-12-08, 19:19
I know exactly how you feel.
3 years ago my beloved little dog bruno died on boxing day.
The year after a family argument spoiled our Christmas and then last year I had the flu and was ill in bed for 3 days.
This year I like you am now on citalopram and have resigned myself to whatever happens will happen regardless of how much I worry beforehand.
Its only one day in the year after all.

jodie
08-12-08, 19:46
hiya

yup i am another one who thinks this way.

my dad took ill at xmas 2 years in a row and my nana died on xmas eve ,and i lost my little girl 10 years ago not long into the new year,so now i just wait for something to happen .
how i deal with it well i try to think of it as just another day not nice i know but it gets me through i dont make many plans just spend it with my hubby and little girl .

jodie x

petmad
08-12-08, 20:13
Thank you for your replies and not nice to know your stories as its so sad, but it makes me feel not so alone and mad.
I think its cos christmas is a nice happy time, supposedly, but things always go wrong at christmas.
To lose a child would be unbearable and that was another thing last year, I knew somebody who lost their daughter christmas day in a car crash.

It is just another day...