PDA

View Full Version : Don't think it's working...

Smiley?
09-12-08, 16:06
Have been on Mirtazapine for 5 weeks now. Started on 15mg and went up to 30mg one week ago.

It's the first antidepressant I have taken where I have noticed an effect, this being helping my sleep. I'm just not sure if there has been much improvement on my mood. I still feel a little drowsy at times too. After increasing to 30mg last week I have been feeling very tearful and even suicidal at times which really scares me!

Should I be seeing an effect on my mood yet or should I just persevere with 30mg for a few more weeks?

Vanilla Sky
09-12-08, 18:07
Hi , if your finding you are feeling this way then go back to doc for advice. I guess everyone is different in the time it takes to start to feel better you might feel ok tommorow! Nothing wrong with a quick visit or phonecall to doc. Hope you feel better soon Paige x

freakedout
15-12-08, 22:22
Hi Smiley?

I have been on Mirtzapine for roughly a year, or maybe longer I can't remember but started on 15mg then went up to 30 then 45mg. Like you I definately feel the advantages of it helping me to get a decent sleep, which was a big problem for me before, however I find that I still feel low a lot of the time and very very low often too. Any lift in my mood is shortlived. I would say persevere for a while longer maybe and that you may benefit from another increase in the dose, although obviously I am not a medic!!

I cannot say whether the increased dosage has had any effect on suicidal thoughts but if these thoughts persist please seek medical advice.

Good luck with it, I do hope it starts to help soon.

Freaky

kaz79
13-03-09, 19:47
I have been on mirtazipine for about 5 months now and it has completely changed my life. I also quit drinking at the same time.
I can get a train to London and go shopping on Oxford st with minimal anxiety. I sleep like a baby and, although I have down days, I am nowhere near as bad as I was before.

Rachel_123
19-05-09, 21:47
for me, while zispin has improved my sleep, i dont feel it does anything for my moods. im irritable most of the time, teary eyed, and just down :( i don't really know what to do, i suppose i cant just rely on a medicine for a miracle ...:(