PDA

View Full Version : Problems with nausea and tiredness

ElizabethJane
09-12-08, 17:50
I have a routine appointment with my psychiatrist tomorrow and I shall discuss the problem that I have been having lately. If I need to stay up after my tablet time of 10pm then I often feel nauseous and once recently sick. I am unsure what to do. Should I take my tablets at 10pm or leave it until I go to bed. What is causing the nausea? This has nothing to do with emetophobia. I am afraid that if I take my lithium and prothiaden that I will be unable to drive home from a function. This is worse if I am very very tired and am trying to stay awake. Has anyone else encountered this problem.
Unsure what to do as I will stay up for Midnight Communion after working on Christmas Eve. Any suggestions. Jane.

ElizabethJane
10-12-08, 19:15
I'm sorry that no one else has experienced this. I spoke to my psychiatrist today and he suggested that I should take my medication at the usual time. He thought that it could be a sign of prothiaden withdrawal in its early stages as my body might be interpreting the lack of the drug as a missed dose. He told me to keep well hydrated and to eat something as well. Nausea when taking lithium is usually a sign of toxicity and that isn't something that I am suffering from at the moment. I shall ask for something from my GP to stop the nausea which is becoming a nusiance. He has managed to allay and reassure me today of which I am very grateful.

andie73
10-12-08, 19:21
Hi

I have no experience of this as I am not on any meds though I have been in the past. I am glad that you were able to talk to a professional about this and that that has eased your fears. Feeling sickly is awful, I'm an emmet, and when it goes on for a while it can be worrying. But by the sounds of it your doc doesn't seem too concerned. Try the measures he suggested and let us know how you get on.

Hope it improves soon.