PDA

View Full Version : horrible feeling

hope&faith
09-12-08, 17:54
sorry to bore you all, but ive become obsessed. ive started getting anxiety, again, i wanted to ask if anyone ever gets these horrible feelings. its like you cant focus on anything eles bar how your feeling. i wonder if this thing i feel is depression or an anxiety symptom. its like a really dark feeling, like a restless inside my body, i dont feel sad just like im surrounded in darkness, and i dont feel like myself. like ive just started citalopram, and after a week of taking it i woke up with a really suicidal feeling, like in the pit of my stomach. it freaked me out. like i couldn't lie still. i didnt think about death, i just mean this feeling was really deep like doom or dread. it does pass and ive only had it a handfull of times, but i keep looking at people, and thinking i bet they never get weird feelings. ive really started obcessing about this feeling, because i think its so horrible when i get it. when ive got it i can't enjoy things i usually would, when people are talking, im not really listening, because im so into thinking about how i feel. if i try to forget about this horrible feeling it does go. but when i feel better, i just keep thinking, perhaps its not anxiety, or depression and perhaps im the only one in the world who gets it, and what if one day it doesn't pass and stays. then when i think like that i start to get the anxious feeling back. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

Purple Fish
09-12-08, 20:07
Hey,

You`re not alone! I`ve been through these feelings before and when I felt like it I found it difficult to talk to anyone as I felt that no one would understand. I eventually took myself off to my doctor and was prescribed Prozac, which has been a great help. I still get the dreaded thought feelings and I am worse leading up to my period. I either come on here to explain how I`m feeling or I go into the chat room. Most people on here understand how you are feeling and it helps to know you are not alone.
Have you seen your doctor? When I went, I didn`t care how ridiculous I may have sounded I just let all my thoughts and feelings out!
It is hard to try and realise that you won`t always feel this way - but you won`t. You have to remember that life isn`t always hunky dory and we all have our own anxieties. Also don`t be too hard on yourself, it`s ok to feel down from time to time, it`s when it seems to be ruining your everyday life that you need to go and get some advice. I`m glad I did! Also this site is brilliant. Use the search tool to find out exactly want you want, you`ll be surprised how many people are just like you!

Take care :hugs:

Tanya xx

hope&faith
09-12-08, 21:34
yeah thanks for that, the main problem i think with anxiety is, no matter what people say to you, or tell you, they are the same, when you are off in your own little world, you can still manage to convince yourself that your much worse than them. or that no one eles could possibly feel like you. that what you have is termina, and really much deaper than it actully is. when my anxiety isnt so bad, i can think of all the things that i thought that were so deep and almost laugh them off, but at the time your mind over analises everything and becomes distorted and blown out of proportion. i hate the fact that i need constant reasurance from a website, that their is nothing wrong with me and that in deed i am i.e - normal lol. x x

Claire79
11-12-08, 14:04
Hiya Hope&faith

I get that feeling too, it's the worst thing I have ever felt in my entire life. And when you say about how you convince yourself so much worse than anyone else I empathise completely, it's like you read or think something which give you a bit of relief for a bit then deliberatly talk yourself out of it.

I'm not talking myself out of it again, not since I've read everyone elses stories and seen that I'm not the only one feeling like I have the weight of the world on my shoulders.

I'm sure both of us will come out the other side happy, calm people. x

hope&faith
11-12-08, 14:58
yeah im going to try and never think again, lol. if i could just stop my thinking i would be great. now i know why all the brain dead looking people out there look so happy. lol, big hugs x x x and i still hope one day to be normal....