PDA

View Full Version : why?

miss worrier
10-12-08, 15:05
WHY is it that even when ur feeling things are goin good in life and u have no MAJOR worries or issues is anxiety still presant?
Take me 4 example im happier now than ive ever been have every thing i could want..a lovely home, a great man, a beautiful baby boy no real money or work issues so why have i spent the last 2 weeks with my throat contracting to the point i feel like im gonna have a panick attack or im being strangled/ got something stuck in my throat...u get the point.
Anxiety is obviousley worsened by stress etc but im starting to think with me its just a habit now like smoking you dont wannna smoke u no the risks etc but u do anyway cause u think its to hard to quit soo is anxiety just a habit not yet broken 4 sum of us?

thoughts and actions
10-12-08, 15:40
hey

i ask myself this all the time-

my anxiety was due to a relationship- am not in that relationship any more so why should i be anxious??

Have you ever read Claire weekes books? Am having an off day today n realised that ive not read them in a while (i realise how bad i was though coz at one point was readign them every day)

she talks about fear of a relapse or sub conscious thinking about anxiety- do you feel that you subconsciously worry abotu anx coming back or fear it in any way?

I no i do and thats why i still have anxious moments (not as bad as before though)

xx

miss worrier
10-12-08, 16:10
NOW u have actually sed it i suppose i do subconciously worry about relapse and anxiety is neva far from my mind anyway but i thought it was a reaction to concious feelings/worries but it would explain why its still there when u wouldnt expect it to be.
I havnt read those books u mentioned but can u tell me how to treat the subconcious as well as the concious?

thoughts and actions
10-12-08, 19:52
hey

its the sub conscious and conscious that controls the anx but the sub conscious is the one that sets us off at night, which is why some ppl wake up during night or in the morning in a panic.

Im going look at the books again tonight/tomorrow so ill get in touch with u

i think it talks about your sub conscious being fed thoughts and emotions by how u r and how u react and r feeling- you need to relax and think postive thoughts (bit like cbt)

defo recommend the book though

x

miss worrier
11-12-08, 08:39
IT sounds like a great book, thanx 4 ur reply and i look 4ward to hearing from u again x