PDA

View Full Version : GOING BACK ON PROZAC !!!!

@ngel
24-06-05, 10:53
Hi I wonder if anyone can help?

Im 16 and have been on anti depressants since the age 9, this is because I suffer from severe emetophobia, which in turn causes really bad panic attacks and has also caused eating problem.
From as far back as I can remember I have lived my life in constant fear of getting sick.
I have been forced to grow up very quickly in order to understand what is wrong with me and to try to find ways of dealing with it.
From around 9 years old I was on seroxat this lasted for over 5 years, until the doctor finally realised it probably wasn’t good to have such a young child on it for such a long time (this was only weeks before it was banned for under 18’s).
After coming of seroxat my life was unbearable so I started on prozac this changed my life I was able to go back to school and sit my exams and start college.
I have now been off prozac for around a year and have been great up until now; I have been under some stress with exams and interviews and can feel myself slipping back the way. So I have decided to start back on prozac for a bit, but my one big worry is the side effects !!!! I have never suffered any side effects from either seroxat or prozac in the past, but am terrified I will when I go back on !!! Has anyone out there suffered side effects for the first time when going back on prozac ????
Please help !!!!!!!!

seh1980
24-06-05, 14:01
hi there,

I have never been on Prozac myself but I don't think you have anything to worry about if you were on it before and didn't suffer any side-effects. There's no reason things would be any different this time..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

nomorepanic
24-06-05, 17:24
I never got any side effects on Prozac I am pleased to say.

Good luck with it.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"