PDA

View Full Version : realy scared

jackie26
10-12-08, 17:13
hi everyone. i was having a not too bad day but now thanks to my gp i am now absolutely terrified. for about 4 days now i have been getting a nagging pain on and off under my left rib cage at the base. i have tried to tell myself that it is from ibs or wind cos i not been eating well but thought i would go to gp to get checked out. saw a gp i don't know and he has scared me to death by going on about cardiac things, like family history etc. he said that if he got real bad to call ambulance, great thanks mate for the reassurance. he did eventually say it was probably due to the way i have been feeling lately i.e anxiety panic related. too late by then i had heard the words heart, pain and ambulance. anyone else get naggy pains under left base of ribs. please help i am really scared now:scared15: :scared15: :scared15: :scared15:

Jan63
10-12-08, 17:30
Yes I had this a couple of weeks ago but on the right side instead of the left but I hadn't been eating well either and was worrying myself to death so I think it was due to this. It did last a while though - maybe a week or so but it's gone now. I'm sure you will be fine.:hugs: :hugs:

annie2008
10-12-08, 17:32
Hi

I have had these pains but mine is usually bottom of right rib I have IBS or as my Doctor likes to call it Anxiety Bowels. I have suffered with wind and I had sharp pains in chest area feels like near my heart but neverad a problem with heart. and always pt it down to wind. Ive had this on few occasions. Please try not to worry, I think it is probably wind, wind can do very very painfull.

The pain Ive have near my heart or there abouts I remember having as a kid, my husband has had this also and he fine too, (im 35yrs & he 30yrs) and he doesnt have fear worry or anxiety like we do, his thing is whats the point in worrying about something that hasnt happend. I told him to bottle that thought and sell it to the likes of us, he said he wished he could cause he hates to see me worry.

I hope this helps

Annie

jackie26
10-12-08, 17:52
thanks for the replies ladies. i know u are right and it is probably just the ibs etc. doesn't stop us worrying though.

annie, your husband is a very sensible man and i will try and hold on to that though about not worrying about something that hasn't happened, it won't be easy but it is worth ago. thanks for being their that in itself is a comfort just having people to voice my fears to. :hugs: