PDA

View Full Version : Stomach - pinching stabbing pain

anna66
10-12-08, 17:42
I have this pain in my stomach (not belly) that comes and goes, mainly brought on by anxiety situations. It feels like cat claws digging into me. It varies in length of time, and is not an unbearable pain just discomfort.
Anyone else suffer the same?

mitrajane
10-12-08, 22:11
I have been getting these stabbing or pressure feelings around my ribs and was wondering if it was an anxiety thing, too. Do you feel your inside your stomach or is it outside- like more muscular? I'd be interested to know if it was the same thing.

anna66
11-12-08, 10:06
I get pain around my ribs, which do feel muscular rather than right inside my chest. The clawing kind of pain is central and hard to decide whether its actually my stomach or the muscles around it? I had a stressful day yesterday and my fella pointed out that I always get the physical symptoms after such a day. I was awake early this morning with nausea and stomach pains, and a feeling of slight panic. I will have to see how the day goes....

nickieb
11-12-08, 11:47
I get this with my IBS

x

anna66
11-12-08, 16:44
Many thanks for the replies. Any suggestions as to how to ease the pain? I am eating very healthily, drink plenty of clear fluids and am trying to remain calm rather than let things upset me. I have been out all afternoon and been ok, pain subsided, yet now I am here with a warm water bottle and stressing out. Silly huh!
x

nickieb
11-12-08, 23:26
Stcik with it, it may just be a tummy bug. take paracetamol & reassess after the wknd hun xx