PDA

View Full Version : Bowel Cancer!!!

yanksforever
10-12-08, 19:06
I think I have it..oh god oh god

I've had a bad appetite for a week, it was fine today...i was feeling great. Then I noticed that I had a sore back...and that I was having lower abdominal cramps...it could be my period since it's almost time...but then...I went to the bathroom, and there was BLOOD. The stool looked fine..brown colored and very normal looking but the blood was bright red and looked fresh, maybe two tea-spoons...

Sore back, blood in poo, cramps like around where ladies get cramps during period, small appetite........not to mention that up until yesterday, I was constipated...but then I went twice yesterday but there was no blood but today there was....

Oh God Im 19, I dont wanna die.

HELP ME.

yanksforever
10-12-08, 19:07
PS- im sure the blood wasnt from my period...trust me

Cherbear
10-12-08, 19:15
Please calm down. You don't have bowel cancer. If there was no blood in the stool itself and the blood is bright red it is less likely to come from anywhere internal. If you have had constipation, that could have caused a tear which is why you are bleeding. I know from experience that this is the case. Just try and calm down, make an appointment with your GP tomorrow to set your mind at ease and keep an eye on any blood you get when you go to the toilet. I know the immediate thought when you see blood is to panic but trust me I have been there and it has done me no good!

Please visit the doctor:hugs: :hugs: xx

Jan63
10-12-08, 20:40
Sounds like piles to me especially if you were constipated yesterday. If the blood is bright red that's usually piles. I remember having it years ago and was worried about it but it soon went. You will be fine and there is no way you would have bowel cancer at 19 years old.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

jm007
10-12-08, 22:05
PS- im sure the blood wasnt from my period...trust me

Hi Yanks..fresh blood is usually from the lower part of your intestine which is usually your rectum and the commonest cause is piles or otherwise haemarrhoids.They are enlarged and swollen blood vessels around the lower rectum and back passage (anus). When the pressure inside these blood vessels is increased, they swell and form small lumps. Increased pressure is often caused by straining when trying to pass a stool , in your case constipation. unless you do a lot of exercise.

50% people get it in their life time...So very common...

Bowel cancer... fresh blood...very very very very rarely.... age 19..even rare.... with bowel cancer if it bleeds the stool is usually black or dark brown as it is mixed with blood coming from the beginning or middle part of the intestine..

So not to worry....

j