PDA

View Full Version : shud i continue taking this? normal side effects?

sam_1
10-12-08, 20:26
Have been on 75mg effexor for 4 days, i have read all th reviews and the withdrawl is scaring me, i seem to feel a lil relief even aftr such short amount of time, but aftr reading these reviews i am wondering if i shud dicontinue it.

In these four days i have had diahrrea, adbominal cramps, insomnia, loss of apetite, and strangely has caused menstrual bleeding when i am on the pill. Are these normal?

can i stop taking it cold turkey as ive only been on it for four days?

Dahlia
19-12-08, 00:38
Hi - I had abdominal cramps, acid, diarrhoea and nausea when I first started taking Effexor. My psych warned me I might get insomnia, but I didn't. I've got a feeling the side effects can include a possible effect on the menstrual cycle, but I haven't experienced it myself. (Although this month I had a super short, painfree period - so who knows!).

I would check with your Dr about the bleeding - in case it is something else (I got breakthrough bleeding when I was taking a certain type of pill once - needed to switch to another one.) At the very least you want to be sure the pill is still working.

I would imagine you could stop taking it cold turkey as you've only had it 4 days. They do say the initial effects setlle down after 3-4 weeks. I was given Zyprexa to take as well, as it helps with the nausea and diarrhoea.

Dahlia