PDA

View Full Version : A big hello to everyone

Happyhouse
10-12-08, 20:26
Hi

I am 36 years old and obviousy new to the forum. I have read through the "first steps" section and found it very helpful.

I am here because I have accepted the fact that i suffer with elements of anxiety and depression which i find very difficult to control. The various challenges that we are faced with throughout our lives, I seem to be unable to put to bed.

My thought process becomes very negative, always seeking the "worse case" scenario, I then tend to feel vunerable, lonely and sad, evn though i tell my self that the chance of a worst case scenario happening are remote. I cannot understand why i feel this way, i could trace it back to losing my father very suddenly 10 years ago or my partners step father through illness on Christmas day 4 years ago.

I am also unable to handle pressure at work and during the most difficult times during my working life i have even resulted to some self harming (punching myself). I have issues which I cannot put my finger on but I feel as though I have alot of emotional weight on my shoulders and that any slight disturbance from normality is a problem that gets a bit out of control.

Hopefully through the guidance of this superb forum, I may re-address the balance

Thanks

Dave

bottleblond
10-12-08, 21:19
Hi Dave

Welcome along to NMP!

I'm sure you will get lots of support and advice here.

Lisa
x

spaced
10-12-08, 21:26
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP

Happyhouse
10-12-08, 21:27
Thanks

I am looking forward to sharing and caring with like minded people:hugs:

cazzamagui1
10-12-08, 21:38
hello dave
welcome hope to see u in chat sometime
take care caz xxxx

Sherboha
10-12-08, 22:38
Hey Dave,
I'm new too so feel free to message me if you want to talk to another newbie Even hough i'm half your age I'm sure we can help each other :)

sunshine-lady
10-12-08, 22:59
Hi Dave,
:welcome: to NMP. I think you will like it here as people are very supportive and there is a lot of information.

Hope to see you in chat

Happyhouse
11-12-08, 09:12
Thanks for the replies everyone.

currently just browsing the various threads and will get into chat soon:winks:

Sax
11-12-08, 09:16
:hugs: Dave,

A very warm http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/orwall/welcome1.gif to NMP. I hope you find the wonderful site useful and meet new friends. Catch you in chat sometime.

love http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/orwall/saxrotating.gif

Patty
11-12-08, 10:31
Hi Happyhouse,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :D