PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to the site

Prettyface110
08-12-03, 16:56
Hi everyone, Wow what a great support this site is, I've suffered from phobic anxiety disorder for 16 years and just wish I'd found this place sooner. I've "managed" my condition over the years with various self-help books which helped enormously because they make you realise that you are not alone and in fact these feelings are incredibly common. This realisation then gave me the courage to seek medical help and open-up to family and friends. Just discussing your feelings is probably the most valuable kick-start to recovery/management, as you no longer have to struggle with trying to appear "normal", desperately trying to hide your inner turmoil and fear.
I look forward to sharing advice and support with people who can understand exactly what I'm experiencing.
I am a 32 year old artist from South Wales, married with no kids and one dog.

Meg
08-12-03, 17:15
Hey Ally,

Welcome to the site..Glad you've found it

When you've had a good mooch through please do post with any questions you may have or tips and information you'd like to share with us.

What sort of art do you do ?

Bryan will be thrilled there's someone to share Wales stories with . You don't make good Yorshire Puddings do you by chance ?

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

benoo5
08-12-03, 17:20
hi there,welcome to this little haven,ime sure everyone will make you feel at home,the people here are very caring of each other.

although,i live,and work in london,my true home is a little village,called cilfrew,overlooking the rhonnda valley,so its especially nice to greet you.

this forum is great for asking questions,about things that maybe worrying you,never be afraid to ask!

hope to see you posting soon,best wishes..bryan.

Prettyface110
08-12-03, 17:46
Thanks both for your warm welcome!
My husband makes great Yorkshire puddings, my speciality is gravy!! I'm a city girl myself, but my hubby works further up the valley and I have family connections up there too.
I've just finished my Masters degree in fine art and have various skills in sculpture, lens based media, digital imaging, installation, drawing and printmaking. (a bit of an all-rounder)
Have found myself here due to a particularly bad re-lapse into panic today!!!

stephen
08-12-03, 23:48
hi pretty i was in the chat room tonight welcome aboard ! you,re going to make some great friends here .take care

Lottie32
09-12-03, 09:19
Hi there

I hope you find the site useful. I can't tell you how much better I've started to feel since using this site.

I'm still suffering, but it really helps to know that you are not on your own.

I've met some good "friends" here too, that are always ready with advice and support. One of the really great things about this site is that you can have all the anonymity that you want, and therefore, can really talk about ANYTHING that is bothering you.

I hope that we can be helpful to you too.

Charlie

nomorepanic
09-12-03, 21:33
Hi Pretty

we met briefly tonight in the chat room - you went as I came in.

Hope to hear more from you soon

x

Nicola

Samantha
11-12-03, 18:14
hi Pretty, remember think positive and you'll feel positive
Sam

Prettyface110
12-12-03, 19:07
I can't believe I didn't discover this site before! Everyone here is so friendly and I'd like to thank you all for making me feel so welcome. This last week has been quite a rollercoaster for me and I've been very isolated, but talking to everyone here has really helped me through. I had a bad experience at the Doc's today but I won't go into that at the moment. I'm certainly going to recommend this place to my anxious friends as I think it's BRILL!!!

much luv,
prettyface110

nomorepanic
13-12-03, 21:03
Hi Pretty

We have a pretty good family going here - everyone is so lovely and we all support each other. Hope to see you in the chat room again sometime.

Nicola