PDA

View Full Version : My first post hehe - how exciting!

Donna
24-06-05, 13:49
Hello everyone,

I decided ill bite the bullet and make my first post :D

As you know, im Donna, 20 years old from the UK. I found this site through a google search on self harm...and im really glad i did find it.

When i was a child, i was sexually abused by two family friends. it was only until recently that i have started to speak about it. I started to self harm when i was 16 years old, i havent done that for nearly 3 months now. its been hard but im getting there.

The anxiety thing has always been there with me....i often have panic attacks - usually after i have had a flashback...and they really do scare me. Ive learnt some breathing techniques from my counsellor to help me and im on some meds.

I am getting back on the mend. Its been a hard struggle but im getting there. I know now that what happened to me when i was a child was in no way my fault. For years i have been convinced it was all my fault because i didnt say NO. But i was a little girl - dependant on those adults to teach me the ways of the world - they did a rubbish job.

Ive been through a lot, still suffering with the depression and anxiety, but i guess i just wanted to say that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You just have to keep fighting.

Thankyou for reading if you did ;)

Donna x

seh1980
24-06-05, 13:53
Welcome aboard Donna!! Have seen you around the site and it's nice to see you've posted :)

What you are going through is very common, especially after what you have been through. It's great that you are on the mend though and are learning how to deal with the past. It isn't easy but you seem to be doing all the right things. I hope we can help you continue along your road to recovery..

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Donna
24-06-05, 14:04
Thankyou Sarah :D

chucklehound
24-06-05, 14:13
Very sorry to hear the way family treated you but your'e in the right

place to get support...

Good luck...

:D:D:D

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-

leo05
24-06-05, 14:53
hi donna

i can understand where you are coming from as i too was sexually abused as a child and i self harm a lot but am trying to stop!

so plz feel free to pm me when ever you want

Meg
24-06-05, 15:47
Well done Donna for starting to deal with it all

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

vernon
24-06-05, 16:00
Hi donna , Welcome to the site and if you ever need a chat we also have a chat room where everyone is so helpfull and u would be made so welcome to join in or just watch. I am so sorry what happened to you and hope we can help you in any way you need. Take care Vernon

bluesparkle
24-06-05, 16:06
hi donna...
welcome to the site...
this is a great place to be... everyone is really friendly and helpful...
you sound positive which is good ... you are very right there is definately light at the end of the tunnel just a fight to get there sometimes but hang on in there....
like vernon said there is also a chat room... come and say hi if you have time... people usually in there after 8ish
rach

Karen
24-06-05, 21:35
Hi Donna

Welcome to the forum. Well done for not self harming for 3 months - that really is an achievement. I have a self harm problem too and know how difficult it can be to stop.

I am glad you are working your way through all these issues and now recognise that what happened when you were a child was not your fault. It is the adults job to protect the child and you were treated very badly.

We are here whenever you need some help and support.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

kairen
24-06-05, 21:47
Hi Donna,

You seem to be dealing with this really well, you will get lots of help here and support to keep you going forward, have you tried yoga as well as they do a lot of breathing and relaxing exersizes, I love it, is a great way of switching off for a couple of hours a week

take care see u in the pub xx

kairen x

Sue K with 5
25-06-05, 14:58
Hi Donna

I am so glad you found this site, the most important thing you have done is accept your are not at fault in any way and that is a huge step in the direction of recovery.

As time goes on and from being on this site and meeting people who have been through similar experiences you will learn how to cope and will be given every amount of support that you will need.

Good luck and keep posting

Also come in and say hi in the chat room there are so many lovely people on there who will talk to you about anything anytime

Take Care

Sue with five children

I have been there and I know !!!

scknight

nomorepanic
25-06-05, 18:19
Donna

Just wanted to welcome you aboard. Good to see you here.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Donna
28-06-05, 19:14
thankyou everyone so so much - i cant describe how good it feels to know that im not completely on my own. so thankyou all

Donna x