PDA

View Full Version : Hi i'm nu and very sad

wha2c_63
11-12-08, 16:32
Hi I'm new to this. I've never posted anything on the computer or been to a chat room before. I was looking for advice. I'm taking medication for anxiety but it is making me sad and mad when it wears off. I want to take more to stop these feelings but I'm afraid I'd become addicted.The anger is bad. :mad:

spaced
11-12-08, 16:50
:welcome: hi and welcome to NMP

marie1974
11-12-08, 17:18
hiya matey and welcome, you have come to the right place, you will find loads of support and advice here and make new friends too. hugs xxxx

suzyq54
11-12-08, 17:28
hi Wha

I would speak to your doctor about your meds and how you feel i felt like you at first but if the meds make you better what the hell i would rather be dependant on meds for a while than live the way i have been. you will find that most anxiety beds apart from valium etc is non addictive anyway. some SRIs are aswell but your doctor will help you wean off them when your ready the meds are there to help

XXsuzy

bottleblond
11-12-08, 17:44
Hi and welcome along :flowers:

You really should speak to your GP again regarding your meds if you are feeling that bad hun.

best of luck

Lisa
x

sunshine-lady
12-12-08, 00:03
Hi

:welcome: to NMP, I'm sure you will like it here as there is so much advice and support.

chat is fun too:D

lesleya
12-12-08, 01:42
:welcome: to nmp...glad you've decided to join.

Im sure you will find the help and support you need here and you'll meet some lovely people here along the way.
Good luck...
:hugs: :hugs:

wha2c_63
12-12-08, 14:29
:unsure:HI, thank-you for welcoming me and the advice. I just started medication for depression yesterday. It's scary, the side effects. I hope it will go away soon or I'm gonna stop using it. I do think its better than what I was doing which was self medicating.There has to be something that can help. As of yet I'm still looking.

emms
12-12-08, 15:22
hi <waves>

welcome to nmp...i'm sure you'll find great advice and support here, just like I have :)

Emma x

anne60
12-12-08, 15:22
Hello wha2c_63 Its so good you have come to this web page as this is where you will get lots of help and hugs - people who care and know what you are going through. I would go with previous advice - you need to go talk to your doctor about how medication is making you feel as they may need to change that for you. Mood swings is something that can happen on certain kinds of medication so agood chat to doctor should help. Sometimes we have to get medication changed a number of times before doctors get it right. Look forward to talking to you in the future and take good care of yourself. Nice to meet you. XXX:hugs: