PDA

View Full Version : Smear Test Worry - Please reassure me!!!!

jules123
11-12-08, 19:01
Hi, I have been great lately still getting pains hear there and everywhere but getting used to them and they are not as frequent. I haven't had a smear test for a very long time and the last time I has a recall but didn't go. My doctor advised thast the hospital that recalled me had a recall of 10% and other hospitals had a recall of approximately 2% due to the old method. But I am sure that it is too late and that I have cervical cancer. PLEASE DON'T TELL ME ANY SYMPTOMS AS I AM SURE THAT IF I HAVEN'T GOT ANY I WILL DEVELOP THEM. I am so scared.
Thanks for reading Jules x

AnnieMags
11-12-08, 20:50
Dear Jules - why are you so convinced you have cervical cancer? From what you say, you don't seem to have any symptoms that particularly worry you. Is it just because you have not had a smear for a long time? If so, just get on the phone, make that appointment and be reassured! The fact that you have not had screening tests for some time does not mean that your body will now 'punish' you by having developed an illness in the meantime - just try to think of it as having been absolutely fine, but you are now going to catch up with the screening available and offered to you. The odds that you are totally well are overwhelmingly in your favour - now go get checked and then forget about it! :) Best wishes, Annie

miss diagnosis
12-12-08, 10:39
jules if you check back through the forum you will find many similar posts from me as cervical cancer is my "thing" too.However when i went for my smear i was convinced 100% i had it...even made the boyf call the doc for results as was too scared. and it was fine.

are you on the pill? i was getting some wiered problems down there,constant yeast infections, dryness cuts wierd discharge. turns out it was the pill im on (yasmin) and im starting a new one now next month so fingers crossed.

anyways cervical cancer doesnt present it self as pains here and there down there. we all get niggling pains from time to time. Im sure your fine. PM me anytime :-)

helen26
12-12-08, 11:33
hi i am also nervous about going for a smear test...i had one at 20 i think, its all changed now hasnt it! i might have been 21! anyway, i have had 2 kids since then and had my first letter to go and have one at 24 i think, then again, then one of the doctors!! still didnt go, im nervous about it coming back with i have it! (im 26 now). my doc has said to me that i should have it done, to put my mind at rest, but i said it would kill me waiting for the results!! im sure it was 6 weeks or summat like that....no way with the way i am feeling at the moment would i be able to wait that long, it would drive me loopy. i promised her i would go when i feeling abit better, she said it was uncommon for people who have had smears before (that have came back fine) to have cervical cancer xx