PDA

View Full Version : Scared

mlondon
11-12-08, 21:57
Hi

I had a nightmare when I first took Esc and it was wierd and scary. Then I lay in bed awake after thinking about these horrible images from the nightmare, now I sometimes get these images in my head usually of someone screaming and usually when I am highly anxious and it as only been since taking the meds. I am not hallucinating or anything like that, it is like intrusive thoughts but instead intrusive images. Has anyone esle had this? I have only been taking Esc for 3 days.

Please respond because this is hard to write and I am scared

HeatherMc
12-12-08, 15:30
Hiya London

I can so relate to this, I was getting something like this before I took some time off work I will try and explain this in bullet point detail so bear with me, I apologise in advance if it is as clear as mud.

1. I get racing thoughts where I feel that I cannot focus on a thought before another one comes.
2. This happens usually in the middle of the night or when I first wake up.
3. It is not hallucinations, I don't hear voices see things or anything like that.
4. It seems to be intrusive images in my head as though I am awake but se still dreaming,
5. These thoughts are nothing or nobody that I can relate to, more random images of other people and other events,
6. These are not scary like accidents, anyone being hurt, me hurting anyone, harm coming to my loved ones etc. just wierd random images totally out of context.

At one point I was bloomin terrfied of this and thought it was a sign of losing my mind, wierd degenerative disease
I have really worked myself up over this and are now more scared of this than the panic attacks, I know what they are but this is just baffling me I have posted a few times on the forum and people have kindly replied and relayed their experiences, I also read the symptoms page and there is something very similar described on there,
sorry I have no easy answer for you, I think it is just a very strange manifestation of anxiety and one symptom you just have to ride out.

Hope this helps hun

Heather

mlondon
12-12-08, 21:50
Hi Heather

You explained it exactly like I experience it.

Thank you so much

Michelle

bora20
17-12-08, 16:54
Hey

I think anxiety and vivid dreams go hand in hand and yes when i first started escitalopram they become even more vivid and strange, almost feeling real. But they do subside with the rest of the side effects, some docs prescribe other complimentary meds to help with the sleep problem. I was given an old anti depressant called Trazadone in a small dose just for its sedative effect. Although it did take some time to shake the groggy feeling in a morning.

Hope that helps a little

mlondon
21-12-08, 15:58
Thanks guys