PDA

View Full Version : sick all the time

ItWillPass
24-06-05, 16:32
I hate to just come on here and complain...But the anxiety has just gotten so bad. I have been sick for over 2 months now. I got strep throat two times, then I got an ear infection... This ear infection was not normal... It caused terrible vertigo. The room was literaly spinning. I took an antibiotic... but I am still really dizzy. The doctor just is not concerned. I dont understand why it is okay to still be feeling like this. I amafraid of a few things... Firstly I am afraid its really a brain tumor. I know it sounds nuts... but I am SO dizzy... I am also scared that I have some sort of virus or disease that is invading me, and that is why I am constantly sick. I am just worried about a million different things!!! I have been sleeping terribly the last few nights...Is it normal to constantly be getting sick???? Anyone ever go through periods like this?

seh1980
24-06-05, 19:32
hi Heidi,

I have never had periods of being constantly sick but my tummy has felt queasy many times. Are you actually vomiting the whole time? Maybe you could ask a different doctor for a second opinion?

Sarah :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Meg
24-06-05, 19:59
Do you mean sick = ill or sick = vomiting ...?

Strep throat can lead to ear stuff which can lead to dizziness so it does make sense. Its probably just a phase you're going through and can't shift.
Take extra vit C to boost your immune system and help kick it.

I do not think its a brain tumour at all.

If it doesn't clear ask for an ENT referral

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

carlin
24-06-05, 20:18
Hi there,
sorry you are feeling so ill at the moment, i'm not at all medically trained, but my friend had strep throat recently, it then led to an ear infection, she has been 'off colour for 6 weeks' i think if you are feeling stressed, it is more likely that your body takes longer to heal from this type of infection, if your doctor was not too concerned, i would try to trust him, if there was any indications of brain tumour, it would be investigated, it is fear creeping in, try to take things easy, give your body time to recover.

ItWillPass
24-06-05, 20:52
thank you all so much for your replies. It helps so much to know im not alone... Meg: Im sick as in ill. Not vommiting. Just swollen glands, a cough, and a lot of dizziness. Im just terrified that I have some sort of cancer that is making it so I am not recovering. I know it sounds nuts...any ideas on how to stop these thoughts?

Meg
24-06-05, 23:22
Heidi

At 16:32 it was a brain tumour now at 20:52 its cancer.. you're certainly whirring away.

Glands, ears and throats have a lot to answer for in terms of feeling really rotten and going on for ages.

If this is really extreme, I would be thinking more along the virus line, maybe like mono, certainly not cancer or brain tumours stuff- they just don't present with these sorts of things without a gamit of other stuff

But do remember that normal everyday viruses can take ages to clear.. get some vit C down you .

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...