PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia

emma1980
12-12-08, 09:26
Wasn't too sure where to post this so feel free to move it.

I'm looking for advice please on sleeping - It's taking me hours to get to sleep, and then I wake up every couple of hours again, for an hour or so each time.

I'm probably only getting 5 hours or so a night in total, and it's very broken.

My mental health guy said it was ok to take Nytol, but the pharmacist said it's not - I'm on anti-depressants (lofepramine) and beta-blockers (propranolol) and the box says you can't take Nytol with them. Any one else take them, or know if they do mix ok?

My GP prescribed me some Zopiclone (7.5 mg) a few weeks ago and this helps, but I'm reluctant to take it for long, and it leaves me with a groggy headache the next day - though I guess it's not too different from my current lack of sleep headache!

Any ideas would be great please - I'd rather try the natural route first.

I've tried Horlicks (made me get up more often to go to the loo!), relaxation, not going to bed until I'm sleepy, etc.

I have a Boots, Superdrug, and 2 independent pharmacies all within walking distance so I can go to any of them, if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks very much :)

Ddcoo
12-12-08, 11:19
Emma, I am not an expert on medicines and what counteracts with what, so I can't advise you, but I think it may not be a bad idea to go along to Boots and explain to the pharmacist your problem, she is trained and will know exactly what you can take.

helen26
12-12-08, 11:41
i was very anxious when pregnant and couldnt sleep, i tried everything i could, was about to give up, then i tried lavender...i no its sounds weird, but i had some lavender incense burners(before i went to bed) and some lavender on my pillow, and i slept like a baby! dont no if it was in my head but it did actually work xxx