PDA

View Full Version : Worried over nausea and catahhr.

reddevil
12-12-08, 12:25
I have been suffering with catahhr for over two weeks, which on Monday the doctor gave me some Amoxicillin (anti-biotics) to help clear it up. It has been worring me, as I guess people without anxiety would not worry over this.

At present, the antibiotics do not appear to be making much difference.

I’m starting to worry and have been feeling nausea.

· Does anybody know if stress/anxiety can cause catahhr?
· If I’m always thinking about my nausea, would this cause a vicious circle as I keep thinking there is something in my stomach causing it and the acid build up?
I’m not loosing weight and my stools are not black etc.

I have been taking Pariet for my acid, on the 3rd day but no sign of it easing yet.

Red

Cathy V
12-12-08, 12:38
Hi there, I think its likely that the nausea is caused by the catahhr. You will be swallowing some of the gunk produced and this will irritate your stomach. Some people can get a sore throat with this too if the gunk is infected. If it is that you have infected sinuses, then it might take a further course of antibiotics to clear it up. I would have another chat to your doc for advise.

Wenjoy
12-12-08, 15:37
When I get a fluey cold like I have at the moment I feel really sick all the time - I know its the catarrh in my system and its normal to feel this way - the body is designed to fight infections so rest up as much as you can - drink lots of water and hot drinks and you will come through this - I promise. Wenjoy x

samc100
12-12-08, 16:48
There is a nasty cold bug going around... lots of catarrh and dodgy tums (I felt sick but never was - did have a bottom that I didn't trust for a few days though). So it could be that... Spoonful of honey and if you have a sore throat drink pineapple juice. Hope you get better soon x

reddevil
12-12-08, 18:45
I'm trying to keep positive but anxiety always over powers me.
Would I be right in saying if something was serious, I would actually not be eating and I would be sick as when I eat, it eases the sickness feeling.

anxious
12-12-08, 19:58
Hi Red

have you ever noticed how anxious people clear their throat? So that answers yes to your first question.
And i say yes to your second, if you think about nausea the worse it becomes.
My hubby has constant catarrh and gets regular bouts of indegestion too, so must be linked.

love anx xx

reddevil
13-12-08, 18:15
Does anybody suffer from nausea on a daily basis and suffer from acid at times?

Red

reddevil
15-12-08, 13:22
Can catahhr be a sign of something serious as I'm starting to get low with worried and with Christmas around the corner, I need to pick myself up for the family?

Red

John Smyth
17-01-16, 13:21
Reddevil - when I suffer from catarrh I often also suffer with a queasy stomach. Please be reassured : if a symptom such as a queasy tum occurs it isn't unusual but causes anxiety, this can often be caused [perversely] by your simply trying to PICTURE the symptom/feeling so you can then ask yourself if that's what you're suffering from. Imagining the symptom can get too close to really experiencing the symptom.
Eg. if someone said 'Do you have a pain in your leg ?' is it a sharp ,stabbing pain or a slow ache ? You would have to PICTURE that pain very carefully and accurately to give a sensible reply. In picturing the pain you come close to actually feeling it - and a worry is born.

Your GP should be very sympathetic to such worries and offer help.