PDA

View Full Version : A Study on Social Support and Information Seeking on Internet Forums

UWE_Researcher
12-12-08, 13:55
Dear Member,

I am sorry if this message is not relevant or of interest to you, however, I am a 3rd year psychology student, currently working towards my dissertation and was wondering if, as a member of this forum, you’d be able to help me by filling in a questionnaire. The study has been fully approved by the university’s ethics committee, which means it has been assessed as being suitable to use for collecting information from people.

The study is about how people with anxiety disorders use the Internet to find information about their anxiety and to find social support from others. The study involves answering a few questions about these topics and about your positive and negative experiences. If you would like more information about the study, please click the link below where you can read more and if you wish, go on to complete the questionnaire.

To take part in the study you should be
A) a British citizen
B) over the age of 18

Thank you very much for your time, and I hope you find the questionnaire enjoyable!

If you wish to contact me you can email me on sophie4.gray@uwe.ac.uk or my superviser on debra.gray@uwe.ac.uk

You can access the survey by clicking the link below:
www.grayd1.co.uk/survey

UWE_Researcher
12-12-08, 19:57
Just wanted to add that you may also message me on the forum should you wish to ask me any more questions!

UWE_Researcher
14-12-08, 19:40
Just to confirm for people this study will finish on the 28th of February :)

UWE_Researcher
18-12-08, 20:29
Thank you to everyone who has already taken part in my study, I'm just bumping this for anyone else who wants to take part :)

UWE_Researcher
04-01-09, 20:32
Just another quick bump, thank you to everyone who has already taken part, your answers are brilliant and will be really really useful!

pooh
04-01-09, 23:07
Hi I got part way through and it crashed and burned waargghhhhh lol

sunshine-lady
04-01-09, 23:13
It did the same for me pooh! I had typed a lot in then got an error page...grrrrrrrr lol

UWE_Researcher
04-01-09, 23:21
Oh no :mad:

How very very annoying!

I really would like to get as many results as possible so if you wouldn't mind filling in the survey again, could you PM me with an email address and I can send you a word file copy of it!

I will have to get my technical engineer to see what is going on with it! :lac:

pooh
04-01-09, 23:24
yip I got the error page thing too. I'll have another bash at filling it out if it happens again ill pm my email address to you.

Pooh

pooh
05-01-09, 00:40
That's it all done. it worked a treat the second time. lol

Pooh

UWE_Researcher
05-01-09, 21:44
So glad it worked!

If anyone does want to take part it may be useful to copy and paste your answers onto a word document, so if it does crash (fingers crossed its fixed now) you won't have to type it all out again!

UWE_Researcher
11-01-09, 21:16
Just bumping for anyone else who has time on their hands and would like to help out!

UWE_Researcher
12-01-09, 17:37
Thank you so much everyone for your responses! It would be great if as many people as possible could take part in this questionnaire (hence me bumping again!)

UWE_Researcher
16-01-09, 23:23
Another bump! and another thank you to all those who have responded so far :)

UWE_Researcher
18-01-09, 22:23
Just another thank you :)

The study will be online for another month and a bit so plenty of time for those who would still like to take part!

UWE_Researcher
21-01-09, 20:46
Another bump and a thank you. I'm still looking for more participants so if you have time I'd be ever so greatful!

UWE_Researcher
09-02-09, 17:02
Just bumping this again, the website will be back online for approximately 2 more weeks