PDA

View Full Version : I've had a major setback...

never2late
12-12-08, 14:37
I AM EDITING THIS TO TAKE OUT THE DESCRIPTION OF MY PANIC ATTACK. I DO NOT WANT TO CAUSE A TRIGGER FOR OTHERS.

I have been doing quite well since late July when I had my last severe panic attack (emergency room variety). I've been panic free since that night.

The rest you probably know . . . I had a serious panic attack. All here already knows what that entails, so I have removed the description.

samc100
12-12-08, 14:47
Hi - I was so scared the first time I had a 'dip' back into the darkness of panic. But you have to believe in yourself that is only a setback... perhaps a warning to get yourself some ME time and relaxation.

Keep on moving - you are doing really well xxxx

never2late
12-12-08, 16:14
Thanks samc100!

Before this thread gets too long from all the replies pouring in from around the world :winks:, I thought I'd sneak in a "plan of action". Why? Because that's just the kind of guy I am, by golly!

Never2lates's plan of action:

1. Maintain sense of humor, no matter what.

Hey everybody, I'm terrified, my heart is racing, and it keeps skipping beats. Hahahahah! Get it? Hahahahahah!

2. As Claire Weekes suggests: "Stay occupied thoughout the day . . . but at a NORMAL PACE".

Post Roast in the slow cooker. Check. Sipping tea (decaf). Check. Posting on NMP. Check.

3. Be careful not to get upset over "things", or read unsettling news at this point in time.

[check]

4. Eat small portions of food . . . digestion is the most intensive process of the body. Right now, being sensitized, I'm in deficit. Eat light.

[check]

5. Get out and get some fresh air and sunshine.

[cloudy and cold . . . explore other options]

6. #5 wasn't a suggestion. Get out and get some fresh air, regardless.

[check]

7. Take a regular "minimum" dose, per prescribed, of my emergency "as needed" xanax, despite it being viewed as a "crutch".

[crutches actually play a very valuable role in healing an injury. Check.]

8. Talk about it.
[be thankful for a wife of 32 years that will listen and show companssion (she's a nurse). Check.]

9. Eat bran and fresh fruit.
[xanax is constipating . . . gross to hear, but true]

10. Don't worry about it.
[I know what to do, when to do it, and how to do it. Easier said than done, but do it anyway]

Thanks for reading (and no, I don't get concerned when there aren't many replies to my posts . . . I'm much too self-centered and vain for that sort of thing!). :yahoo:

And handsome. :cool:

Just enjoy the post and I hope someone finds a few tips (they actually work very well, btw).

miss_worry
12-12-08, 16:27
never2late - thank you for such an uplifting post (the second one).

samc100 - you are right, ME time is very important and sometimes we forget to give ourselves a little bit of it.

Vxx

samc100
12-12-08, 18:42
:ohmy: :winks: Good to hear you are handsome ( that is incrediably shallow of me - sorry !)

Veronica H
12-12-08, 21:34
:) Hi never2late

Glad you got through it, and thanks for the post.

Veronica

never2late
13-12-08, 00:26
Thanks!

I have removed the description of my panic attack from my first post above. I do not want to be the cause of a trigger for any readers.

As of tonight (it's only 7:30 p.m. on the East Coast of the USA), I'm doing much better.

I guess it's after midnight in London. I hope everyone is having a good night.