PDA

View Full Version : Talking in Sleep

twister
08-12-03, 20:20
Does anyone do this? I have started having bad dreams, they are not nightmares but they are distressing i.e house on fire, being sacked at work, being terminally ill (all sorts of lovely things![:0])

Anyway a few times lately I have woken my upself by talking/ moaning out loud and last night I didnt wake up but my boyfriend said I was saying loudly 'f***ing get away from me' and seemed really distressed.

What's going on??

Emily

Meg
08-12-03, 20:30
Hi Emily,

Check back at what you were eating / drinking firstly . Cheese is a big culprit.

Then if you had any meds closer to bedtime than you might have done usually .

Also whats on your mind that your subconcious is trying to figure out for you. Often nothing to do with the actual dream but often an analagy in there somewhere.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

twister
08-12-03, 20:48
Um, I ate a whole slab of brie just prior to bed[:I]

Emily

nomorepanic
08-12-03, 22:37
Oops Em

Lol

Nicola

sarah
08-12-03, 22:37
Hi Em
not so long ago i woke up in the morning and my husband had a black eye. I asked him what he had done and apparently it was me.
I had woken him up in the middle of the night calling him all sorts of names, accusing him of cheating gave him a wallop on the face and calmly lay back down and went to sleep. I didnt even remember doing it!!!!
just let your boyfriend be happy that you were only shouting, it could have been worse...lol

love Sarah
xx

twister
08-12-03, 22:42
lol Sarah, he's counting his blessings now (and hiding the cheese!)

Emily

Meg
09-12-03, 10:16
How was last night Emily ?

Meg

twister
09-12-03, 22:17
well I ate more brie and didnt talk in my sleep but I did have a dream that Charlie from Busted wanted to marry me and wrote me a song called '19 lesbians' to prove it. But I was in love with the dark haired one and we were having an affair. Still better than a terminal illness.[?][?]

Emily

sadie
09-12-03, 23:48
quite a good dream though, if only it was Robbie Williams and Colin Farrell that were the leading men in your dream...if it was me I wouldnt want to wake up!!

sadie

benoo5
10-12-03, 00:04
the way my luck is going at the moment,i would probably end up with the 19 lesbians...bryan.

Waffle
14-12-03, 16:51
quote:Originally posted by benoo5

the way my luck is going at the moment,i would probably end up with the 19 lesbians...bryan.

I don't see the downside to that Bryan lol [:0]

j/k

I have twice had a dream where it has "carried on just seconds before waking up". Boy did it freak out my gf at the time lol... Twice I had dreamt that I had punched her in the face very hard (I didn't and never have punched anyone by the way!). Just before waking up (and with my eyes closed so she said) I had kind of made a muffled half scream and put my hands lightly on her hair. I woke up and didn't even know I had done that until she said and after I had a good minute to work it all out hehe (I thought the shout and touching her hair was just part of the dream)...

My brother used to sleep walk a bit..... anyways as far as I know its only happened to me twice...