PDA

View Full Version : Here's a new one for you?!?

suzuki
25-06-05, 08:53
I was feeling really normal and fairly good yesterday; and then bang when i go to bed and try to sleep it all goes wrong again. Mind you my Anxiety "this time" started with panics at night. Anyway at the min when i close my eyes i think i've gone inside myself again. I must admit i am frightened to let go. Then after say 10 mins i wake and actually feel awful and the only way to describe it is "You've been turned inside out somehow" i know it sounds barking but its real. Whats my brain doing to me. I couldn't panic as i felt i wasn't here anyway. I held something and woke still holding it . Please anyone felt this?:(

Peru83
25-06-05, 10:29
I have only just started suffering panic attacks so I am new to all of this, but I would say that alot of my problem is when I am trying to get to sleep. I think that it's because you have alot of things to occupy you through the day but not when you are trying to get to sleep, it's just you and your thoughts. I find that my mind starts wondering and I'm thinking about the weirdest things. Sometimes I start to over analise things that have happened in the day or over think what I am going to do tomorrow and that's when I start to get the feeling of a PA coming on. Last night however I started concentrating on my breathing, all I did was take a deep breath in (and say to my self 'deep breath in') and take a deep breath out (and again say to my self 'deep breath out'). I did this quite a few times and it's the last thing I remember doing before I woke this morning.

I think that it worked because I was pre-occupying my mind with concentrating on my breathing. Maybe this will work for you too.

Hope you feel better soon.

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!"

seh1980
25-06-05, 10:41
Yes, I have this as well. Nighttime is normally the worst for me. Maybe you could do a relaxation CD before going to bed? Also, maybe read a book, watch TV, etc. Anything to take your mind off it..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

carlin
25-06-05, 13:26
Hi there,
fully understand how you feel, no, you are not barking! i sometimes have the radio on very softly, very old fashioned, but the other night i was listening to some man talking and he literally bored me to sleep. (no, it wasn't hubby)

Sue K with 5
25-06-05, 15:27
I do this too Zu I think Sleeping is a very difficult time because it is when we catch up with the days events and I dont know about you but my days are normally so bloomin stressful, the anxiety levels just thinking about it rise about 50 ft high.

I end up coming down stairs and putting the television on as a distraction

I can lye their trying to sleep and as I am going off I feel like something weird is happening and I skae myself awake again and I know how horrid the feeling is

Try some relaxation tapes when you go to bed, I have heard they really work

Tc and Good luck

Sue with five children

scknight

jude
12-07-05, 18:45
Hey Sue,

This one isnt new to me hon. Im exactly the same. As soon as I am alone with my thought I sink insde my own mind.
You are not alone girl. Dont worry. Its the unreality thing again. As Claire Weekes said...memory alone will bring it...and it stinks!

Take care

Jude

Be gentle with yourself....you just need some time to heal.

LisaS
12-07-05, 19:05
and as memory will bring it, time will fade it!

i've been there too.. lately i've been using visualisation techniques and this helps a lot.. for me i visualise having a good day or i see a stressful event and imagine it going well.. maybe do this in the morning and see the day as going well..

lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"