PDA

View Full Version : Big Attack Today

lunasea
12-12-08, 23:55
I worked a very long shift, almost 32 hours. I was upped on coffee, and it hit.

I can't sleep even though I should, just explaining my situation NOw im listening to Dr Weekes. Anything e lse anyone can recommend to help? :D

Does writing help anyone? Or does any more mental thoughts cause more panic?

never2late
13-12-08, 00:22
Dr. Weekes is good to listen to quietly in the background or low through headphones. Sorry to hear that you got hit today. I remember those long hours every so often -- but not so much anymore. Do you have your own business?

Perhaps try some warm milk. I see you're in the US. It's only 7:30 p.m. on the East Coast, so you have some time to settle down a bit. Coffee can really jack you up, but it goes through your system fast. Stay hydrated (not with more coffee!).

Veronica H
13-12-08, 12:09
Hi all

Warm milk really does make a difference, as it contains a chemical which calms (read that somewhere) caffeine however is awful for anxiety.I would cut it out all together if you can. I am getting used to fruit teas, they are soothing too.

Veronica

pedropanic
14-12-08, 08:32
Definitely no more coffee!

Writing helps me, it seems to focus a part of my mind which has wandered off and is feeding the panic.

I owe so much of my peace to Dr Weeks's words, so I couldn't recommend anyone higher. Have you read her book, 'Complete Self Help For Your Nerves'? I had listened to her recordings, but i found this book the most helpful and it is the symptoms which frighten me the most, particularly the heart palpitations and racing pulse. She has helped me to understand them, and the horrible thoughts I seems stuck with, and to accept them and float past them.

Hope you're doing better :)

Burnsey
14-12-08, 13:46
coffee makes me have panic attacks its awfull and the de caff sets my irritable bowel off- warm milk defo a good one it helps me alot

xx