PDA

View Full Version : new puppy scared of worms

sam_1
13-12-08, 02:40
hi i have just found a worm on my puppy, i didnt know wat it was at first so i picked it up and as soon as i realised i wrapped it in tissue and flushed it away. i then put my puppy downstairs, scrubbed myself clean, got changed and changed my bed sheets. But im really worried that i may have worms. i havent had any symptoms and i know this is stupid but i cant help but worry, is this likely? will the dr take me seriously if i ask him to check me over? i feel like im goin mad, i just cried about it. I have had nagging anxietys about my health but none that have made me feel like this. so i called my boyfriend and he just said 'dont be so f*****g ridiculous, u dont have worms' and then he i put the phone down. i just had to get this off my chest

london
13-12-08, 03:33
you cant get worms of a dog thay are not the same ,dont worry your be ok
just have a sleep your be ok

spaced
13-12-08, 08:54
hi there was another thread about dogs and worms it might help
does anyone own a dog? its in the health anxiety forum

Jan63
13-12-08, 11:41
Don't worry you can't catch them you will be absolutely fine.:hugs: Get a good wormer though for your puppy because the pet shop ones aren't as good as the ones you can get from the vet. This one is a good wormer for puppies. http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17_43&products_id=174

If you order any I would order at least 3 because you might have to retreat in a few weeks as worms have been found.

When you say you found a worm on your puppy - where abouts was the worm because worms usually come out in their poo.

molkogirl
13-12-08, 22:57
Hi, I have this fear too at the moment, apart from mine is the cats.
My bf thinks i am crazy too. I read on the nhs direct website that you get worms from the fleas and this is where the animal gets them from too. usually you wont show any symptoms but may see the eggs in your poo. I think it is pretty rare though for humans cos you have to swollow a flea egg or flea.
Im sure you will be ok but i can understand how you feel totally.
Take Care

yorkylover
13-12-08, 23:46
Hi Sam,you will not get worms from your puppy.Most puppies have worms,but are usually treated by the breeder.

You need to get puppy treated as soon as possible,its not nice for pup to have worms.I would suggest taking it to the vets to get a wormer,if not get one from the pet shop but get it treated.

yorkylover
16-12-08, 10:23
Just wondering if you managed to get puppy wormed?
They should pass through pup quite quickley in his poo poo:blush: :yesyes: :blush: