PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram

suzuki
25-06-05, 10:42
I wish that Citalopram had suited me . It does seem to be a wonder drug but i felt really dreadful on it. Is there anyone out there it didn't suit. Tried the Escitalopram and that was even worse.

seh1980
25-06-05, 12:28
I was on Escitalopram and it worked really well for me. Have you considered trying a different med? Different ones work for different people..:D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

tattybear
25-06-05, 15:00
Hi
I was on Citalopram for a while but it had no effect on me, am now on Mirtazipine which, after a few months of being on it, it is slowly but surly helping me.

It is a case that not all meds work for everyone and have the same effect - my advice would be to talk to your doc about it and try somthing esle.

Tatty B xx

alexis
25-06-05, 17:11
Hi Suzuki, as you know I was on Citaloprim for months, convinced myself had to be getting better because I was on meds. Unfortunately it didnt work for me. Ive now changed and the new ones are kicking in although they took longer than the six weeks suggested. Have you changed to different ones or just come off them altogether.Feel free to pm again if youd like to know more, take care, Love Alexis,x

fluffyfred
06-07-05, 14:22
I was on Citalopram and it wasn't good for me, I tried to slash my wrists one night (think I may have had PND). I came off them straight away and refused any others as I was very scared.

After battling for just over a year, I've admitted defeat and I'm now on Fluoxetine and so far so good, I also don't 'crave' alcohol funnily enough!

fluffy

Alice
06-07-05, 14:32
fluffyfred i had the same experience on citalopram! i was on it for a while and it suddenly sent me manic and i slit my wrists, was told to come off it straight away and was in hospital for a bit. I had felt ok on it up til then, but some meds arent suitable for everyone, im now on venlafaxine and its going really well, its probably the most effective one ive tried i think, the quickest too, the feeling better snuck up on me without realising and i was soon up and about going out and shopping etc. If a drug doesnt work for you then theres plenty of others to try thank god!

fluffyfred
06-07-05, 14:46
At last, another person who had the same problem with Citalopram as me.

I think you're the first person I've heard of who felt like that on it, I felt good at first two then all of a sudden, I had an urge to walk in front of a moving vehicle, I was literally grabbing onto the traffic lights in a bid to stop myself.

I went to the doctors and she doubled my dosage, all was good for a few weeks again then I tried to slash my wrists, luckily the knife was blunt and in a fit of temper with the knife not being sharp enough, I made deep scratcheds all over my arms. I hadn't even realised what I'd done until my skin felt like it was on fire.

I was upset when my doctor (a different one this time) put me on prozac but seem to be ok at the moment.

She also wants me to see the mental health team at my local hospital but that got me really panicked. My mum (who's schizophrenic) says I'm mentally ill like her which didn't help.