PDA

View Full Version : Waking up anxious

NervousNellie
13-12-08, 13:28
Does anybody wake up anxious? I'm probably the exception to the rule - when doctors ask me if I sleep well at night, they expect to hear that I am having a hard time because I have anxiety. But I can sleep like a baby! Lately I've been waking in the middle of the night, but I think that is because my daughter has been ill and my "mommy instinct" wakes me up in the middle of the night so that I can check on her to make sure that her fever is not too high. Other than the last couple of days, I always sleep through the night.

But the problem is that as soon as I open my eyes in the morning, I'm already anxious! I immediately start to have palpitations and I get shaky. My heart races before I even get out of bed! This has happened before, but usually after a week or two, it goes away. This time, for some reason, it won't stop and has been happening for 2 months. I've been under a lot of stress lately and I'm sure that the holiday season doesn't help the situation. Does anybody else experience this? Any advice on how to control this would be greatly appreciated!

darcy
14-12-08, 09:11
ive had EXACTLY the same for a couple of months now... sleep really well, do wake sometimes between 3 & 4 but as soon as morning comes ive got the butterflies in my belly and i think FFS here we go again... wouldnt it be nice to wake up feeling chilled!!??

just try and think, it WILL pass... soon

xx

HeatherMc
14-12-08, 09:42
Hello Sweetheart

This is something that I can relate to so much, I have no problem dropping off but wake at around 3 -4 then I get random thoughts and images that sort of make me panic and keep me awake, I have the added anxiety of worrying about going back to sleep and worrying that I will oversleep for my daughter whom I get up at 7am for school, I used to have to get up and this time when going to work - I am currently off sick and am now worrying about getting back into a routine of sleeping and waking up normally so I can return to work.

and yes I awake and my stomach is turning over and I feel like its all starting over again.

Hope this helps

I am hoping that it will pass eventually.

Heather

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::h ugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: