PDA

View Full Version : Painful Palpitations

NervousNellie
13-12-08, 14:30
Can you tell I'm having a bad day? I'm posting everywhere!! :weep:

Does anybody every have a painful palpitation? I haven't had these in a VERY long time and then I had one last night and another one just now! It almost feels as if my heart rolls over in my chest or hits my chest wall or something! I don't know if that's my chest muscle or if it's even a palpitation at all, but whatever it is, it scares the heck out of me! I told my GP about this last year and he said "so what? It's not a big deal, you're fine!" I just can't get it through my head that I'm OK! I've been under way too much stress lately and now adding these painful palpitations to the mix is making me worry all over again! Even though my GP says this is normal, do you think that this is normal? I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance.....

Also, do you think that palpitations are hereditary? My mom and sister bother suffer from them. My mother's used to be so bad that they would wake her up at night. I've never had that happen, and I don't want it to! I'm still able to sleep through the night and I'd like to keep it that way!

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

NervousNellie
13-12-08, 22:04
I think I may have answered my own question. I went to the grocery store this evening and had one of these painful "palpitations". At the same time, I burped! I didn't even know that I had to burp, but after it happened I felt so much relief! I must have been gas.... :blush:

Sillyblondegirl
14-12-08, 03:54
I get palpitations too, a lot! The ones that are most scarey are the ones that hurt. I have noticed just recently that there seems to be a(n embarrassing) correlation between the palpitations and chest pain and ...er...my bathroom habits. I will get palpitations, a sweaty, clammy feeling, shortness of breath, pain in my sternum and upper chest and I just KNOW I am going to keel over any moment! After panicking for a few minutes I realize my bowles are full and go. After feeling ill and going through more palps, when its over, I feel pretty much wonderful.

Mikke
18-12-08, 03:03
Yes they can be a bit painfull if your heart has pressure to it from trapped air or if your chest wall or the top of your stomach is beeing pressed against the area where the heart is.

It feels like a punch, really uncomfortable..

LeeBee
20-12-08, 03:04
I just had a powerful series of ectopics while sitting quietly in a bookshop choosing a book as a Christmas gift. I was peacefully absorbed in reading when all of a sudden bang, bang, bang. More like punches than pinches this time. I've no idea why, but they went away like they always do and I'm fine. Go figure!