PDA

View Full Version : Better to take at night before bed, first thing in the morning or during the day??

Pill-Popper
14-12-08, 17:33
Just been prescribed with citalopram and wanted to know whether it's best to take before bed, in the morning or during the day in the afternoon??

Does it even make a difference??

When do you guys take it?? What do you find works well for you??

I know i should've asked my doctor but oh well lol.

Just wanted to discuss it i guess! :)

Badly Drawn Boy
14-12-08, 17:36
I'm new to Citalopram and im taking it when i wake up in morning.

I don't think it makes a difference, but I notice when i take the tablet I feel awfully sick for an hour or so, and become very tired during the day.

Jan63
14-12-08, 18:38
I always take mine about 6 to 7 in the evening. I started doing this because it was around the time I first got the tablets from the chemist and I wanted to start them straight away.:)

bab
14-12-08, 19:09
i take mine early eve as they make me tired about an hour after taking them

Granny Primark
14-12-08, 19:11
I was told to take mine in the early evening.
They make me tired about an hour after taking them.

Badly Drawn Boy
14-12-08, 21:09
Was wondering...

I've taken my first 12 pills at like 8am.. but cause they are making me extremely tired, it maybe wise to take them in the evening.
Would it effect anything if i started to take my pills at a completely different time of day??

bab
14-12-08, 21:41
i think it would be fine to tke them later -

ditsy
15-12-08, 22:56
Hi
I take mine in the morning as they make me more alert. It took a month for me to able to have a decent night sleep on these meds. The earlier for me the better! If you find that you having trouble sleeping, take them in the morning. x
:blush:

Millz
20-12-08, 17:17
I started taking them citalopram today, at around 11am. I think its better to take them in the morning. Although I was worried about side effects and the last thing I'd want is to be up in the middle of the night with no one around feeling all messed up.

Guess it just depends how you feel, if you can sleep after taking them then that would be even better as they would work while you're sleeping.

rosy
20-12-08, 17:42
Hi pill popper

Ive been taking Citalopram for 5 1 /2 weeks and they seem OK.

I don't get up till about 9 am because the mornings are so murky, and I take mine with my brekkie about 9.30 am. I get tired in the pm, and have a two hour siesta after lunch.

Rosy